The Student Room Group

Work

If you start a new job but already have 16 days holiday booked before you start do they give you those dates on the top of your allowed 28 days or would they deduct it from your 28 days
Original post by scottieJ
If you start a new job but already have 16 days holiday booked before you start do they give you those dates on the top of your allowed 28 days or would they deduct it from your 28 days

Have you informed your manager about taking 16 days off for a holiday? I would assume it comes from your paid 28 day holiday leave.

I'd imagine they would take it out of your 28 days. It wouldn't be fair to other workers to allow you to have an extra 16 days paid holiday.
Reply 3
I kinda thought maybe for the 1st year they would give me any pre-booked ones on top of my days as Its not my fault I booked them before starting the job :P
Original post by Emma:-)
I'd imagine they would take it out of your 28 days. It wouldn't be fair to other workers to allow you to have an extra 16 days paid holiday.
I kinda thought maybe for the 1st year they would give me any pre-booked ones on top of my days as Its not my fault I booked them before starting the job :P

Places dont give you extra holidays, on top of your yearly allowance. They usually honour any pre booked holidays, as they were booked before you started, but that comes out of your yearly allowance. You dont suddenly gain the right to extra holidays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending