Sadness and emptiness after watching something on TV

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Regularteen1
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why do I feel sad and empty after watching some TV shows and movies? It’s not as if I feel sad for the cast members or the storyline or anything to do with the show or movie. For example, after watching and episode of love island, I get really down and depressed but when I think about why I’m feeling like this, I have no idea what it could be. As harsh as it sounds, I don’t feel sad for the contestants or the situations they’re in or what they’re going through, I don’t want what they have, it doesn’t resemble my life or my problems, so why do I feel this horrible void and sadness when I watch shows like this, or other TV shows like The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Riverdale, etc?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
When you watch movies, tv shows etc. your mind is taken to a fantasy land and you forget about your problems bcus your so absorbed into the show.When they finish you are forced back to reality as harsh as that sounds. Happens to p much everyone lowkey
Regularteen1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Is anything to worry about?
(Original post by Anonymous)
When you watch movies, tv shows etc. your mind is taken to a fantasy land and you forget about your problems bcus your so absorbed into the show.When they finish you are forced back to reality as harsh as that sounds. Happens to p much everyone lowkey
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
stop watching love island, its trash. its worse than walking dead post-season 4.

i suggest blck mirror, that will make you depressed because every episode is different and it leaves you on a cliffhanger.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I also feel miserable after watching a movie but that's just because I know subconsciously that I'm wasting my time and the guilt just fills me up
Regularteen1
Rep:
At least you know what it is😩 I just stop speaking to everyone for a while and get irritated easily and basically just distance myself from everyone and everything
(Original post by Anonymous)
I also feel miserable after watching a movie but that's just because I know subconsciously that I'm wasting my time and the guilt just fills me up
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Regularteen1)
Is anything to worry about?
No i think its completely normal tbh. Like when you read a book you get taken to another world. No need to worry it happens to me n probs everyone else in the world
Messenger#1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The truth is this, when you have just finished watching movie. the energy of that movie gets transferred to you either consciously or subconsciously. That is why when you finish watching a movie that is horror you feeling tensed and hyper aware or your surroundings expecting a scare at any moment or when you watch a movie where there is violence, depression, abuse . It messes with your head alittle.SolutionYou have to know, what or whom you really believe in and trust that to heal you. Some people God, devil, weed or indifference. If it's God remember God's promises and his truth in Jesus, If it's the devil then hail Satan because he's succeeding at his work, weed - you will need a lifetime supply, then lastly indifference, well then save up money for the rehab in future. I hope you believe the right God.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (78)
18.89%
The paper was reasonable (154)
37.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
28.33%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
15.5%

Watched Threads