How do I become a lawyer with a criminology and law degree? Need lots of opinions?

Watch this thread
username4571016
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok so I’m from the uk and I am wanting to do a degree in criminology with law , a lot of controversy I know lol but at the end of the day I’m passionate about this degree, he however my end goal is to be a criminal lawyer or something in this sector . I know that I should study law or law with criminology but unfortunately I don’t have the grades so my only option is to study criminology with law which I have been given a offer on. How would I go in the law side of things after this degree as I’m hearing from a lot of people that it takes many years. I do have a lack of information on this degree hence why I am asking so I don’t need people to come and attack me. I also don’t want people’s opinion on how this degree is a waste of time because I want to study it .
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nournash)
Ok so I’m from the uk and I am wanting to do a degree in criminology with law , a lot of controversy I know lol but at the end of the day I’m passionate about this degree, he however my end goal is to be a criminal lawyer or something in this sector . I know that I should study law or law with criminology but unfortunately I don’t have the grades so my only option is to study criminology with law which I have been given a offer on. How would I go in the law side of things after this degree as I’m hearing from a lot of people that it takes many years. I do have a lack of information on this degree hence why I am asking so I don’t need people to come and attack me. I also don’t want people’s opinion on how this degree is a waste of time because I want to study it .
Seems like you are being very naive and need to do more research.
If I were in your position the smartest move to make would be improve your study skills and then resit A levels or do BTEC or an access course to get the best grades possible to get into the best uni. That will save you a lot of grief down the line.

You talk about passion, then resit and get the grades needed.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Or GDL and the BPTC if you plan to be a criminal barrister.
username4571016
Rep:
Why would I waste 2 more years trying to get the highest grades lol .My grades are good just know the best.
(Original post by 999tigger)
Seems like you are being very naive and need to do more research.
If I were in your position the smartest move to make would be improve your study skills and then resit A levels or do BTEC or an access course to get the best grades possible to get into the best uni. That will save you a lot of grief down the line.

You talk about passion, then resit and get the grades needed.
username4571016
Rep:
Alright sir no need to be so aggressive. I’m not being defensive, I just know there is a lot of judgmental people on here so I’m just letting them know that I know what they will say and I don’t care
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Why would I waste 2 more years trying to get the highest grades lol .My grades are good just know the best.
So what grades did you get and which uni is your course at?

And the answer is you will just need to do more exams to meet the requirements of the SRA. You seem to know best though so no pint in explaining things to you.
Last edited by 999tigger; 3 years ago
username4571016
Rep:
Lmfao I’m just sick of people getting so aggressive when I talk about this degree,
(Original post by 999tigger)
So what grades did you get and which uni is your course at?

And the answer is you will just need to do more exams to meet the requirements of the SRA. You seem to know best though so no pint in explaining things to you.
dlyon
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I am assuming that this isn’t an LLB course, at the end of your degree you’ll have to take a conversion to convert your degree into a law degree and then do finals etc.
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If you want to be a barrister, you finish your degree and do the GDL (if your degree is not 'qualifying', I don't know your chosen uni so I can't clarify this) and then sit the BPTC. You will have to apply for a Pupilage with a chambers. If you want to be a solicitor, I suggest you do some research on the changes the SRA are introducing to examinations and qualification.
Last edited by Assembly; 3 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.47%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (43)
25.9%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.42%

Watched Threads