The Student Room Group

Dating

I met a guy for the first time today after talking for a few weeks. I really like him he was so nice and there was silences but we got on well. We didn’t hug or anything does that mean he doesn’t like me back?
Reply 1
not necessarily, he might just be quite introverted
I think it is typical on the first date or time you meet for there to be silences, as long as you are getting to know one another and you are trying to be careful around the other person (as long as the date wasn’t one massive silence 😂).

Once you start seeing them more, you will break the barrier, as you would do with meeting friends the first time, you don’t immediately hit it off always.

He might be shy, but it is always good to initiate some contact, but sometimes it can be immediate, sometimes it can take a while. But it definitely depends on the people. Try not to overthink it, stuff should happen naturally, don’t force it :smile:
Reply 3
Hugging on the first date isn't that common. A lot of the time, it might be too early to break the touch barrier or he might be scared you'd reject it.
Original post by UWS
Hugging on the first date isn't that common. A lot of the time, it might be too early to break the touch barrier or he might be scared you'd reject it.

I usually kissed on the first date but I did usually initiate as most men (and women I'm sure) are afraid of being rejected. OP - if you want to hug then initiate it. Men don't always have to make the first move. It doesn't mean he isn't interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending