Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ARGHHHH i hate customers some times..

You can only be so polite too them at times aswell...when they can be rude, insulting and vulgar towards you

Or when they can't control their kids..let them go riot in a shop and spill juice, and god knows what else on the stock..

ugh anyone else want too add a little rant too the list?? I do love the majority of customers but ive had a pretty bad day

ReputationRep:
    Customers who don't say a word to you throughout the whole transaction.

ReputationRep:
    If one more customer in the pub asks to have something for free, I'll take their money and then throw the entire pint over them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    Customers who don't say a word to you throughout the whole transaction.

or they're on their phone throughout and don't even look you in the eye and say thankyou..ugh.

I'm a bra fitter and its even more annoying when they're on the phone throughout a whole fit..i once walked out and waited till she'd finished lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    or they're on their phone throughout and don't even look you in the eye and say thankyou..ugh.

I'm a bra fitter and its even more annoying when they're on the phone throughout a whole fit..i once walked out and waited till she'd finished lol
    On the phone whilst having a bra fitted :rofl: On the phone does really wind me up and I'm only working on tills.

ReputationRep:
    I had one really chavvy girl today, who obviously hadn't read a book in her life, walked right up to the counter before even looking around.
    "Where iz de catch her in da rye"
    "Let me just serve this one woman"
    "Naw, need it now"
    "It's on this floor"
    "cannae see it"
    "(For goodness sake) I'll just get it for you in a second"

2 minutes later, I walk a few strides behind her and give her the book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    I had one really chavvy girl today, who obviously hadn't read a book in her life, walked right up to the counter before even looking around.
    "Where iz de catch her in da rye"
    "Let me just serve this one woman"
    "Naw, need it now"
    "It's on this floor"
    "cannae see it"
    "(For goodness sake) I'll just get it for you in a second"

2 minutes later, I walk a few strides behind her and give her the book.

yeah i hate it when your chatting too a customer and one butts in...so rude, they think your some sort of superhuman who can carry two conversations at once

ReputationRep:
    yeah i hate it when your chatting too a customer and one butts in...so rude, they think your some sort of superhuman who can carry two conversations at once
    There's this one ******* of an old man who comes in every Friday like clockwork. He orders half a bitter and nurses it for 4 hours. Even when the bar is swamped with customers, he strides up to the front of the queue and demands his drink, NOW.

Understandably, this only results in everyone else being served before him. Old git.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I just want to smack them. The phrase "The customer is always right" is a lie.

ReputationRep:
    when theyre reeeally stuck up and look down their noses at you,
    someone today told me to clean the plate she was buying, cause it had a bit of dust on it!?
    there's loooads more, just cant think of them just now

ReputationRep:
    A girl threw up down the front of our glass counter and walked off. She DIDN'T EVEN BUY ANYTHING! haha. I had fun clearing that off. Ok it wasn't that much, but i really hate sick.
    I also agree about the mobile phones, I never know whether to wait until they finish their conversations or whether to butt in.

ReputationRep:
    middle aged women lol

ReputationRep:
    I work for a company who's famous for its customer service- you have to be extra nice and helpful, and anything the customer wants they pretty much get.

Had some stupid woman in today asking about salad dressing shakers which you could pour after- and omg she was so fussy, and nothing was good enough. So she's decided to come back tomorrow when we have more time so we can put water in them and see which pours the best? wtf? Just buy it, if its not what she needs then she can get a full refund!

Also, we've started charging 10p per transaction if you require any carrier bags. The company makes no profit from it- it goes to the woodland trust- but people get so snotty about it, and yell at you and walk out and leave a basketful of shopping on the counter, so you have to go put it all back, just beacuse they didnt bring a bag, or stubborn enough not to pay 10p for one they really need. They are bags for life too, and we will replace them free of charge when they run out and recycle them. Gets me so mad. It's not my fault I have to charge for bags, so don't yell at me! send a letter to head office.

ReputationRep:
    You know, I think I'm being stalked :ninja:
    This kid comes in literally all day, positions himself behind this magazine stall and I swear he thinks I can't see him.

ReputationRep:
    Except for some nice people, the ones that come in once a week, so think they're a regular and then don't stop talking to you for an hour, even whern you are serving customers around them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caliowin)
    I work for a company who's famous for its customer service- you have to be extra nice and helpful, and anything the customer wants they pretty much get.

Had some stupid woman in today asking about salad dressing shakers which you could pour after- and omg she was so fussy, and nothing was good enough. So she's decided to come back tomorrow when we have more time so we can put water in them and see which pours the best? wtf? Just buy it, if its not what she needs then she can get a full refund!

Also, we've started charging 10p per transaction if you require any carrier bags. The company makes no profit from it- it goes to the woodland trust- but people get so snotty about it, and yell at you and walk out and leave a basketful of shopping on the counter, so you have to go put it all back, just beacuse they didnt bring a bag, or stubborn enough not to pay 10p for one they really need. They are bags for life too, and we will replace them free of charge when they run out and recycle them. Gets me so mad. It's not my fault I have to charge for bags, so don't yell at me! send a letter to head office.
    lol exactly like my company..

if its not personal service its not worth it too them...middle aged women are deffo the worse, especially when with they're snotty husbands and they drive a range rover..ughh, never get a thankyou from those sort of people

Me and a friend were just talking about girls (:ninja:) and a woman came upto us in a wheelchair and said "Can I see the manager please? Where can I see the manager?"

We told her that she'd be better off asking at "the desk". To which I added, "...the desk at customer service." I was just making sure she knew what to do, and she said, "I KNOW WHERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS." Then out of nowhere, she moved her wheelchair a little forward and my mate had to quickly back up. Anyways, all she wanted was a pint of semi-skimmed milk... so my friend went to the back to find some. She didn't even show an ounce of appreciation.

ReputationRep:
    lol exactly like my company..

if its not personal service its not worth it too them...middle aged women are deffo the worse, especially when with they're snotty husbands and they drive a range rover..ughh, never get a thankyou from those sort of people
    Yep that's exactly the type of people we get. Of course there are loads of nice customers, but where I live its really middle class and quite snooty, so we get far more people who won't tolerate anything less than perfect, and even if we give flawless service they still have to complain. Our store is worse for it than any other in the chain.

Last month's mystery shopper actually said this:

Did you have to queue? Yes
    If so, how long did you have to queue? 6 SECONDS!!

That is not a queue! So we lost points for that- what nonsense. If you had to queue more than 1 minute in our stores we'd be surprised, unless it was Christmas, and other stores are far more lax and you would queue for ages at M&S or something. They only have one person on a till and a massive queue etc, whereas where i work, if a queue forms, the person at the till rings the bell and any staff on the shop floor drop what they are doing and run to the tills to serve whoever is waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caliowin)
    Yep that's exactly the type of people we get. Of course there are loads of nice customers, but where I live its really middle class and quite snooty, so we get far more people who won't tolerate anything less than perfect, and even if we give flawless service they still have to complain. Our store is worse for it than any other in the chain.

Last month's mystery shopper actually said this:

Did you have to queue? Yes
    If so, how long did you have to queue? 6 SECONDS!!

That is not a queue! So we lost points for that- what nonsense. If you had to queue more than 1 minute in our stores we'd be surprised, unless it was Christmas, and other stores are far more lax and you would queue for ages at M&S or something. They only have one person on a till and a massive queue etc, whereas where i work, if a queue forms, the person at the till rings the bell and any staff on the shop floor drop what they are doing and run to the tills to serve whoever is waiting.
    is this store in the partnership .....If so you'll know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    oh the joys of working for the Partnership... :rolleyes:

I work in the Customer Collection Point. seriously.. you guys on the tills, you're the lucky ones! :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.