Good Netflix Suggestions?

Watch
Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am an avid fan of horror/thriller material. I also like some action movies, but they have to be intense (lots of explosives/guns/etc).

Some of the movies I have watched in the past are as follows (for reference to the type of content that I like to watch, and also some recommendations for people who like the same genres as I do):

Hush
6 Days
The Mechanic
Bushwick
Street
The Last Heist
Would You Rather
Don't Knock Twice
The Babysitter
Security (arguably one of my favourite movies of all time.)
Acts of Vengeance
The Purge: Anarchy/The Purge: Election Year
Stratton
Kickboxer: Vengeance/Kickboxer: Retaliation
The Belko Experiment
TAU
Cabin Fever
The Open House
Bullet Head
Deadly Detention
Most Likely To Die
#Horror
Savage Dog
Darc
Warrior

If anyone knows of any intriguing movies that fit into this latter, please list them in this thread, I would really appreciate it; my list of movies is running out.

I must point out for action movies: I hate Marvel/DC movies.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Strelzo)
I am an avid fan of horror/thriller material. I also like some action movies, but they have to be intense (lots of explosives/guns/etc).

Some of the movies I have watched in the past are as follows (for reference to the type of content that I like to watch, and also some recommendations for people who like the same genres as I do):

Hush
6 Days
The Mechanic
Bushwick
Street
The Last Heist
Would You Rather
Don't Knock Twice
The Babysitter
Security (arguably one of my favourite movies of all time.)
Acts of Vengeance
The Purge: Anarchy/The Purge: Election Year
Stratton
Kickboxer: Vengeance/Kickboxer: Retaliation
The Belko Experiment
TAU
Cabin Fever
The Open House
Bullet Head
Deadly Detention
Most Likely To Die
#Horror
Savage Dog
Darc
Warrior

If anyone knows of any intriguing movies that fit into this latter, please list them in this thread, I would really appreciate it; my list of movies is running out.

I must point out for action movies: I hate Marvel/DC movies.
No idea if they are on, but off the top of my head.

The Terror
Stranger Things (bit lame I know).
S Korean film called The Chaser or ofc theres Old Boy.

Oh and if you havent seen it then you should watch The Raid I and II. They are intense.
Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
No idea if they are on, but off the top of my head.

The Terror
Stranger Things (bit lame I know).
S Korean film called The Chaser or ofc theres Old Boy.

Oh and if you havent seen it then you should watch The Raid I and II. They are intense.
Thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup:.

I'll have a look at them all besides stranger things (I tend to not like series that much, I only really watch series like Top Gear, The Grand Tour and I even watched the BodyGuard season 1. I usually find series quite long-winded, I prefer much straighter-to-the-point ones rather than following on along a massive story-line, especially when I would need to catch up on all of the other episodes that I had missed previously all to not ruin the plot.)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Strelzo)
Thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup:.

I'll have a look at them all besides stranger things (I tend to not like series that much, I only really watch series like Top Gear, The Grand Tour and I even watched the BodyGuard season 1. I usually find series quite long-winded, I prefer much straighter-to-the-point ones rather than following on along a massive story-line, especially when I would need to catch up on all of the other episodes that I had missed previously all to not ruin the plot.)
Series have depth you cant manage in a film. Bigger pay off although longer lead in. I wouldnt rule out world cinema as they often have a different perspective and can be darker. Thrillers are my go to genre, but its a bit much for me to know a complete list. I also cant say whats on Netflix.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (560)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed