Copa america 2019 Watch

Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
The scoreline greatly flattered Argentina. Some diabolical finishing, Messi included with that balloon shot over the bar. That was the first time i have seen Qatar play and was pleasantly surprised, they are not too bad but can't finish. Dybala wasn't so bad off the bench.

Colombia top the group with a perfect 9/9 yet have to face Uruguay or Chile!
Argentina are through to face Venezuela in the Maracana. Venezuela humiliated them last time, so need to up their game now.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adam1997777)
Guys in my opinion Argentina's problem is the coaches they hire.
Such a mess, even their performance in this copa is worse than last year at the world cup. I feel like the manager is selecting the starting 11 and nothing more. There are no any tactics or an idea they are just passing to messi. Honestly messi doesnt deserve this
They have probably had one decent manager in the past 5, Sabella was good and Maradona was garbage. Fantastic player awful manager. You would have thought that he would have understood better than most at how an exceptional player needs a team building around him.
Messi could've picked to play for Spain....
although i have a feeling that Argentina will win qatar and the Copa. I just have a feeling , lets see!
Very wishful thinking ....
(Original post by Kallisto)
The managers are the main problem in my view. The whole play of Argentina depends on Messi, as it is constructed about this special player. Thus the entire team is so predictable for the opponents: eliminate Messi and Argentina is disturbed in playing forward. One man cannot win a tournament anylonger, as Maradona did it in 1986. It is not a team for years. But the managers didn't relize and still think he alone can do miracles. That is wrong, just wrong! even Barcelona would not be the best team in Spain, if everything is just around and works with him.

Brazil is the best team at the moment in South America, Uruguay the second best.
See above Re: managers.

I agree that you need a team around a top player. Even Maradona, in '86 had Brown, Valdano and Burruchuga score in the final.
Brazil are a top team and are on home soil so have to be favourites. Uruguay are a dangerous side and Colombia are decent too.
Adam1997777
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In my opinion, i dont think brazil is that good. They didnt really play a top team and they drew 0-0 with Venezuela.
I guess the best team would be Uruguay as they have a very good defence and all the players have been playing together since a very long time.
although i still think messi will win this one
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
although i still think messi will win this one
I hope so, but the chances are slim. Argentina needs 3 wins in a row
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Chile Vs Uruguay should be a great game.
KO at 12am!
Icecream1
Rep:
?

Brazil to go through although have a sneaky feeling for Paraguay
Argentina should go through but depends if they turn up. Venezuela are dangerous from set pieces and they won 3-1 last time they met
Colombia to edge it IMO but Chile wont give up a title defence easily
Uruguay should have too much for Peru .
Last edited by Icecream1; 3 weeks ago
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Uruguay will win this.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Uruguay will win this.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well they had 3 goals ruled out, I'd have to say a couple of the decisions were fairly dubious (camera angle dependent).

What can you say? Brazil will win this for sure.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
3 of the four quarters ending 0-0 and Brazil, Chile and Peru qualifying.
Argentina winning in normal time 2-0 (shock horror)!

Feels harsh on Uruguay and Colombia, both unbeaten in this tournament in 90 mins and find themselves out.
Chile and Peru both scoring 5/5 in the shootout- Chile's pens were exceptional.
The race of topscorer is still open with lots of players on 2 goals as top scorers.

SFs:
Arg v Brazil
Chile v Peru

I think we could have a repeat of the previous two finals. Arg v Chile.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
There is absolutely no chance that Argentina will win and progress to the final, at all.

I will be happily proven wrong.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
There is absolutely no chance that Argentina will win and progress to the final, at all.

I will be happily proven wrong.
Brazil are much better than them but i just have a sneaky feeling...
Should be a great game.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Brazil are much better than them but i just have a sneaky feeling...
Should be a great game.
:laugh: Sadly I wouldn't be able to watch it, as it's 1:30am start and I have work on Wednesday morning

Enjoy it for me, and I look forward to be disappointed when I wake up :lol:
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Third time lucky for the boys?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Icecream1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
:laugh: Sadly I wouldn't be able to watch it, as it's 1:30am start and I have work on Wednesday morning

Enjoy it for me, and I look forward to be disappointed when I wake up :lol:
Same here, might try and watch it but i remember staying up for the last final. Went to bed at 5:30am!
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Third time lucky for the boys?
They have to make the final first. Brazil are a quality side and with the home crowd pushing them forward, they will be a tough side to beat.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Icecream1 three of four quarter finals ended up in a goalless draw. what is the matter with the teams? all the semi-finalist gave me the impression of being average teams. Or am I wrong? I did not lose the feeling that even the best teams in South American football as a rule, Brazil and Argentina, have lost the touch to world class in the past years.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
Icecream1 three of four quarter finals ended up in a goalless draw. what is the matter with the teams? all the semi-finalist gave me the impression of being average teams. Or am I wrong? I did not lose the feeling that even the best teams in South American football as a rule, Brazil and Argentina, have lost the touch to world class in the past years.
I have to agree with you that they have been average. There have been few top performances. The top goalscorer in the tournament is about 6/7 players on 2 goals! Nobody has stood out.

Argentina and Brazil are in flux at the minute and seem to have lost their identities. Unfortunately. their respective FAs are run by corrupt inept individuals and need a complete overhaul. Just watching the European U21 finals and the Spain players look fantastic. Some them would get into any of the sides in the Copa America.
Last edited by Icecream1; 2 weeks ago
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have to agree with you that they have been average. There have been few top performances. The top goalscorer in the tournament is about 6/7 players on 2 goals! Nobody has stood out.

Argentina and Brazil are in flux at the minute and seem to have lost their identities. Unfortunately. their respective FAs are run by corrupt inept individuals and need a complete overhaul. Just watching the European U21 finals and the Spain players look fantastic. Some them would get into any of the sides in the Copa America.
Yeah, I have heard of the corruption in the FAs and if that goes on in that way, no South American team will win a world cup again for the next decades. Individual class of the players is pointless, if they can't be formed to a team.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Uruguay will win this.
:ahee:
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
:ahee:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who would have thought that Uruguay bottled it on penalties against Peru? Peru! the team which lost 0-5 against the host in group stage!! if Peru wins the Copa, I swear, I begin to learn Spanish! and if this really comes true, you can quote me here!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise