Copa america 2019 Watch

Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who would have thought that Uruguay bottled it on penalties against Peru? Peru! the team which lost 0-5 against the host in group stage!! if Peru wins the Copa, I swear, I begin to learn Spanish! and if this really comes true, you can quote me here!
Bottle is a bit unfair. They had a few ruled out by VAR so were creating chances. The QF's go straight to pens after 90 mins but that isnt the case now, so its harder to play for pens.

I agree, though, if Peru do it.....
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
(...) The QF's go straight to pens after 90 mins but that isnt the case now, so its harder to play for pens.
(...)
Is there a certain reason why it goes to penalties after 90 minutes instead of 120? The host Brazil is in the final. That is fine, Argentina was so bad after all I heard of that it would not had deserved with this performance to come so far.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Refereeing in that Brazil game was horrendous :lol:
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Brazil v Peru make the final. Brazil were the favourites on home soil but Argentina will count themselves unlucky. There were some strange refereeing decisions and Argentina will feel aggrieved. It was summed up in the build up to the goal that sealed the game. Aguero called for a penalty and Jesus made a brilliant run and made a simple finish for Firmino to finish the game. Brazil remain unbeaten on home soil to Argentina.
Bolsonaro was there and some dodgy decisions happened.... Apparently even his security's radio was interfering with the VAR frequencies.

Chile v Peru- wow.... Chile going for a three peat but Peru were intense. Peru are a bogey team for Chile.

Argentina v Chile has been the final game of their Copa's for the last three tournaments now.

Brazil will be heavy favourites, they beat Peru 5-0 in the group stages....
Peru are going to be a different side this time around.

(Original post by Kallisto)
Is there a certain reason why it goes to penalties after 90 minutes instead of 120? The host Brazil is in the final. That is fine, Argentina was so bad after all I heard of that it would not had deserved with this performance to come so far.
Isn't it the same in the league cup in England? It was probably Argentina's best performance for a while. They made some good opportunities, hit the woodwork twice and should have had a couple of VAR reviews.
(Original post by Malevolent)
Refereeing in that Brazil game was horrendous :lol:
Absolutely awful...
The Argentine FA have asked for a review and report into why VAR was not reviewed.
Last edited by Icecream1; 2 weeks ago
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Arg 2-1 Chile

Argentina finish in third place and were the better side. The Messi sending off was a joke. He is headbutted and chest bumped twice by Medel and the ref send off both of them! He had the audacity to be hit and was sent off. I'm not surprised after the awful officiating in their previous game and an official response requested by the AFA,

Looking forward to the final tomorrow. I just hope the ref will be up to standards.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Brazil 3-1 Peru

Jesus has had a brilliant tournament. The assist for the first goal was sweet and a nice finish to win the game. His red card was soft. The officiating in this tournament has been awful. Brazil had to win their home tournament...
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
Brazil 3-1 Peru

Jesus has had a brilliant tournament. The assist for the first goal was sweet and a nice finish to win the game. His red card was soft. The officiating in this tournament has been awful. Brazil had to win their home tournament...
Argentina have been robbed
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Icecream1
Rep:
?
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Argentina have been robbed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise