The Student Room Group

Where should I be up to by my second driving lesson?

I have had 2 lessons (4 hours) and have already done turning and emerging at a junction I have also done roundabouts at this point and driving along main, busy roads including up to 4th gear. I'm just wondering if this a normal pace or am I missing something.
Reply 1
Honestly, every single person learns differently, and in different paces. It also really depends on what your instructor's teaching style is. But, from what it sounds to me, sounds like you're doing great, keep going!
On my second lesson (I also take them 2 hours a week) I was still learning how to even get the car moving properly. Now I've done around 45 hours (2 hour lessons) and I feel very confident on the roads, looking back I laugh at how bad I was, roundabouts are still my fear that I am trying to knock on the head. By your second lesson, you should just feel that you are progressing in some way, there is no standard or expectation for where you should be. Some people take 10 hours of professional lessons and take their test and pass. Some like me, take 40 hours+ until they feel ready. Never pressure yourself and you will start to enjoy it so much more. And you'll soon find your confidence will grow when you don't pressure yourself, but make sure you challenge yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending