Unpopular opinion- CHILDLINE Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I feel like you’re just talking to a robot, repeating what you’re saying back to you. I understand they can’t give you advice but it’s hard and I don’t think it’s helpful. They should come up with a better strategy
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like you’re just talking to a robot, repeating what you’re saying back to you. I understand they can’t give you advice but it’s hard and I don’t think it’s helpful. They should come up with a better strategy
Never used Childline myself, but I have contacted the Samaritans. Now they're much the same with their replies, but I found that so useful because it was someone else framing my thoughts in a different, healthier way which meant that I could get a new, better perspective on my situation. The strategies they deploy in Childline and the Samaritans work so, so well in my opinion, but for their services to really benefit you, you kind of need to let go of the idea they're just repeating what you're saying and see why they're doing that and what benefits it brings.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Why not contact them and tell them?
There are other teenager related charities.
leopard202
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like what you might want is counselling, I have also found these organisations unhelpful because sometimes you need more input due to being very confused. They are support lines really, you don't have to be qualified to work as a call taker, but undergo training to respond in certain ways. Helpful for many in other situations perhaps but not what you need right now.

Do you feel the need to call them often?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (128)
60.66%
No (83)
39.34%

Watched Threads