Turn on thread page Beta

Do you get fed up with watch

• View Poll Results: Do you get fed up of censorship?
    Yes
    62.50%
    No
    34.38%
    Perhaps
    3.13%
    Never even thought about it, no opinion.
    0%

ReputationRep:
    being censored for every other ****ing word? What happened to freedom of speech?

It's not just TSR, other forums are in on it too. Why not just an age restriction for really young members? They can lie and get past it anyway if they really want, so what's the point in censorship?

Thought freedom of speech was a basic human right?

**** me. Rant over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rastaman25)

**** me. Rant over
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, refer to this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=599983

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m:)ckel)
    Hey man, refer to this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=599983
    I would, but - "It's not just TSR, other forums are in on it too."

Thanks for the linkage though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Good.
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    I would, but - "It's not just TSR, other forums are in on it too."

Thanks for the linkage though!
    Yeah I know, but there's an explanation as to why TSR has it, which is probably why "other forums are in on it too"

ReputationRep:
    How so?
    Coz of the swearin, innit man?

ReputationRep:
    I hate the fúcking hate the censorship bullshít. Stupid shít keeping blocking out every fúcking swear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cointreau)
    Coz of the swearin, innit man?
    Just making my point of the control over the use of language... I wouldn't normally type like that, just it really does get hackles raised.

ReputationRep:
    I don't use any other forums, but... not really. Sometimes it ruins the effect of a post, but most of the time it doesn't cause any problems .

ReputationRep:
    How so?
    It just annoys me when people bang on about Human Rights for something as trivial as this.
    If we're going to bring the law into it, you agreed to the terms of TSR and that means abiding by the swear filter. If it bothers you go and swear elsewhere, and don't whinge about it.

It doesn't really bother me. I think they should display the first letter of the word though to reduce ambiguities.

ReputationRep:
    Swearing is bad, just swear out loud if you feel the urge so badly.

ReputationRep:
    It just annoys me when people bang on about Human Rights for something as trivial as this.
    If we're going to bring the law into it, you agreed to the terms of TSR and that means abiding by the swear filter. If it bothers you go and swear elsewhere, and don't whinge about it.
    I'm not whingeing, just wanting to know other peoples views on the matter. I've got yours loud and clear

ReputationRep:
    I'm not whingeing, just wanting to know other peoples views on the matter. I've got yours loud and clear
    lol gdgd. My work here is done

ReputationRep:
    lol gdgd. My work here is done
    *faints from the outstanding non-swearing positive aurora cast by *Star*Guitar* *

ReputationRep:
    No, people generally get the gist if they see a load of ***** that someone is swearing... so the point comes across just as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vioxx)
    I hate the fúcking hate the censorship bullshít. Stupid shít keeping blocking out every fúcking swear.
    I'll be interested to see how long that comment lasts

ReputationRep:
    It does make it quite hard to discuss the etymology of words like **** and ****. Shame because I think it's quite an interesting subject.

ReputationRep:
    *faints from the outstanding non-swearing positive aurora cast by *Star*Guitar* *
    I actually got warned once for 'avoiding the filter' for replacing the 'u' in the f word with two 'o's.
    I'm so used to saying it on msn I didn't think it would be complained about or thought it would just be blocked. :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.