The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

this?

No, what exactly is a cow lick?
Reply 2
maybe they're also called hair licks lol? um its were one part of your hair is kinda unruly.....goes against the natural sort of pattern!
Reply 3
lmao at the picture by the way!!
Reply 4
As a kid I had a full fringe and I also have a realllllllllly bad cow lick. Basically I always had a humongous gap in my fringe that my parents couldn't control.

When I got to about 9, I grew out my fringe and at 13 had a side fringe put in, so that it swept across, starting from the lick, away from it, which was okay but the fringe wasn't very sweeping. Recently, this year I had my fringe swapped to the other side, so it sweeps over the lick and that seems to have done the trick.

I was recently considering having a full fringe put back in but tbh I reckon it would stil leave me with a big gap, so am embracing the sweeping fringe and quiff *nods*

Good luck!!
Reply 5
lol i do the quiff thing aswell!!! Yeah i have a feeling it would part in the middle too.....might do the sweeping thing though lol thanks x
Lol :biggrin:

hmm well I THINK I have one in my fringe, there is a part of it (cos it's a side fringe) that kind of goes upwards and in the opposite direction, but I still manage by blowdrying it into the right position, its pretty stubborn though so it normally separates. I used to have a straight on fringe, very birefly until it grew out and I didn't find the problem in that, but when I have it as a side one, which is all the time now, it does that annoying thing where it goes upwards and separates.

So yeah, blowdrying into place is the only thing that seems to stop mine pissing me off lol.
Reply 7
yeah mines goes in the opposite direction and it's soo frigging annoying!!! I really want a fringe though....damn lick!!
Reply 8
Maybe this explains my hair then. Sometimes a part of it sort of at the front (but on the side cos I don't have a fringe) just like flicks out or something; it looks almost as if I've straightened my whole hair except for that strand, which is annoying cos I can sit there and straighten it over and over and it just keeps going back to how it was!
Reply 9
yep sounds like a lick!! annoying aren't they? lol
pcok
Maybe this explains my hair then. Sometimes a part of it sort of at the front (but on the side cos I don't have a fringe) just like flicks out or something; it looks almost as if I've straightened my whole hair except for that strand, which is annoying cos I can sit there and straighten it over and over and it just keeps going back to how it was!

Yep, that's a cow lick. I've got one too (not good for a teenage girl who's expected to straighten her hair to fit in :frown:).

Cowlicks FTW! :biggrin:

(^There, I even used it in a sentence :wink:)
I have a fairly small cows lick and used to have a fringe, and it was no problem. Depends on how major it is I guess. And for those who don't know a cows lick is like... a bit of hair on the hairline which is swept back slightly, like someone came and licked it back :p: Which is why it's called a cows lick!
I hate them. Maybe just try a fringe out anyway, if it's terrible you can just pin it back or something until it grows out haha, you never know til you try, the weight might make yours fall better. I have to say though, didnt for me, even when it wasn't a fringe and it was just waist length at the front, it had that stupid "lick" thing going on. We are all cursed beings.
Reply 13
Muppety_Kid
Yep, that's a cow lick. I've got one too (not good for a teenage girl who's expected to straighten her hair to fit in :frown:).

Cowlicks FTW! :biggrin:

(^There, I even used it in a sentence :wink:)

Haha yup cowlicks ftw!!

Ohh that was actually my first ever usage of it!

Aww I'm annoyed now, I don't want a cowlick!
Reply 14
worst thing is ya can't get rid of them...well so i'm told anyway!! :frown:
Reply 15
kookoo_koochoo

this?

No, what exactly is a cow lick?

I did wonder why my head felt so heavy! :p:
Reply 16
lmao!! getting rep points!
Reply 17
oh god cant you get rid of them. arrh! i think ive got that problem too, was hoping adding more hair into the fringe would stop it.
if you straight your hair, or blow dry it into place does it stop it?!

theres no hope. shall just have to join you cows lickers :]
alexa123
oh god cant you get rid of them. arrh! i think ive got that problem too, was hoping adding more hair into the fringe would stop it.
if you straight your hair, or blow dry it into place does it stop it?!

theres no hope. shall just have to join you cows lickers :]

it does a little, I think it depends on how STUPID your hair wants to be, mine obv hats me so it just goes back to how it was before after some time, but most people I know who have the same kinda problem have solved it by just blowdrying or adding more hair, it might also depend on the texture of your hair, mine is really thick and medium texture, not sure if it makes any differnece though.
Reply 19
i reckon if i got a fringe....the hair would be taken from almost the back of my head....my hair is that STUPID!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending