The Student Room Group

Changing Schools

I have just finished my GCSE's.
I am confused whether I should stay in my current state school where I have many friends or should I join a grammar school(gets exceptional results) and make new friends.
new experiences are always good. go to taster days etc, see if you find a grammar school you like. if you go to a new school, you can make new friends while also keeping in touch with old friends
Reply 2
Sure. thank you very much
Original post by LegitLizard
new experiences are always good. go to taster days etc, see if you find a grammar school you like. if you go to a new school, you can make new friends while also keeping in touch with old friends
Reply 3
I'd stay where your old friends are. If you've already achieved good results then you should stay.

I was forced to move schools to a new area where I knew no one. I found it very hard as most people were already in their friendship groups and not interested in new people. It made me very depressed, the root cause of why I ended up doing badly at A level.
Reply 4
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Original post by OddOnes
I'd stay where your old friends are. If you've already achieved good results then you should stay.

I was forced to move schools to a new area where I knew no one. I found it very hard as most people were already in their friendship groups and not interested in new people. It made me very depressed, the root cause of why I ended up doing badly at A level.
Reply 5
I have applied and actually got the conditional offer as well. I ll 100% get the grades I need to get in. But I'm just confused whether I should stay in my old school or join the grammar school and focus on my career. This wouldn't of been a problem if i wasn't an introvert:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending