Meaning of essay title "how energy is transferred within and between organisms"?

Watch
Bertybassett
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am slightly confused on what this essay title actually involves "how energy is transferred within and between organisms"? Does it just mean ways in which hydrolysis of ATP can be used? I just don't get what topics would come under this. please help. (a level)
421salpho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
energy transfer can be food chains and trophic levels, transfer of substances across membranes, active immunity, successions,
Bertybassett
Rep:
?
thanks. I dont really understand how transport across membranes/active immunity comes under energy transfer? How is energy transferred in these processes? What does energy transfer even really mean?
(Original post by 421salpho)
energy transfer can be food chains and trophic levels, transfer of substances across membranes, active immunity, successions,
Bertybassett
Rep:
?
bump
n2001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you could talk about, the light dependent reaction (photosynthesis) and respiration. Transport across membranes because during active transport uses ATP and you could talk about co-transport of sodium and glucose. Also nerve impulses and movement of Neurotransmitters across the synpatic gap i guess
Last edited by n2001; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (848)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.29%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads