The Student Room Group

Is it bad if I havent had a job yet?

I am 18 years old and I have never had a part time job, is this bad?
No
Do some voluntary work in a charity shop to strengthen your CV. Paid employment should follow after a few months.
Reply 3
Completely normal. I'm also 18, never had a job either, I earn money from being a football referee which is more of a hobby! 👍🏻
I haven't either and I'm 19. I do volunteer though which helps my CV.

If you're not interested in getting a PT job I would recommend volunteering. It'll help you in the long run :yes:
No but personally speaking, I also didnt get a real life work experience until i was 19..something that i now regret looking back.
Being in a working environment really teaches you a lot of life experiences such sense of responsibility , financial literacy etc
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by agent456
i am 18 years old and i have never had a part time job, is this bad?

no not at all! If you're worried then maybe apply for a job?
Not a problem. Unless you're struggling financially, nobody needs a job. It helps with applying for future roles and teaches you important life skills but no need to feel bad for not having one yet.
Original post by LoyaltyAb0veAll
No but personally speaking, I also didnt get a real life work experience until i was 19..something that i now regret looking back.
Being in a working environment really teaches you a lot of life experiences such sense of responsibility , financial literacy etc

I agree.
How about doing some volunteer work somewhere?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending