Ask me any question that you have about Christianity ? Watch

Esther1999
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ask me any question that you have been wondering about the Bible and Christianity
TheOldSoul
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which branch of Christianity do you belong to, and which things about it appeal to you more than other denominations? Are other denominations sinful, in your opinion, or just different?
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do Christians have a hard time supporting LGBT people, when it is expressly forbidden

In Leviticus:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Chapter 20 verse 13

and Romans 1:26-27
“ For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet"

and the whole Sodom and Gomorrah...

Is it acceptable for Christians to reinterpret scripture for the modern day or is it something that is expressly forbidden in the Bible itself? (not trying to go on a witchhunt- interesting to see the wide range of views )
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Do Christians have a hard time supporting LGBT people, when it is expressly forbidden

In Leviticus:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Chapter 20 verse 13

“ For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet"

Is it acceptable for Christians to reinterpret scripture for the modern day or is it something that is expressly forbidden in the Bible itself? (not trying to go on a witchhunt- interesting to see the wide range of views )
my view:

firstly I don't support anything to do with LGBT so I don't have a hard time or anything like that.

by reinterpret, what they're really going to do is ignore God's opinion thinking they're more right than God himself, God says it's abomination, yet they say it's fine. the Bible says to abhor evil and cleave to that which is good, not the other way round. if they call themselves Christians, it'd be nice if they'd actually agree with what their Lord thinks rather than succumb to the opinions of society.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if someone were to ask you, "What must I do to go to heaven?" what would you tell them?
H.B.K
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so when u tell a lie its an abomination
Esther1999
Rep:
?
I belong to Pentecostal. We have a deep belief in the Holy Spirit. Other denominations are mostly different, but some things are highlighted as wrong.
1. Catholics believe that the Holy communion is truly Jesus that the communion is very sacred and that is absolutely true it is very sacred and can restore and give healing if taken in the right way. But a lot of catholics pray to Mary now this is wrong. It is wrong because Mary is a vessel God used to bring Jesus into the World just like he could have picked another woman but he chose Mary. It is ok to honour the fact that she was Jesus’ physical mother but she must not be prayed to or worshiped as she is God’s creation just like any other Christian or human and as long as God created her she will and can never be worthy of worship. Jesus God and the Holy Spirit who are one are to be worshiped as they were created by no man.
Worshiping of Mary is idolatry.
Mormonism is another branch but they have a book that changes the way the Bible originally was and that is wrong.
Those are a few that have caught my eye.
The only way you know that you are a son and daughter of God that you are doing the right thing is this. That you you have a personal relationship with God a real one and by real I mean you hear him talk and he hears you, you know when he’s calling you to pray you feel his emotions, it’s a true relationship (I can explain how to get there) unfortunately a lot of Christians have not unlocked this side of God therefore they believe God doesn’t really talk and that you just need to go to church. It’s so much deeper my friend!
So yeah most denominations are different no so much sinful but there are principles and if they are not stuck to regardless of denomination they are wrong such as twisting of the true Word Of God (the Bible) and worship of man (a human) no matter the magnitude that God has used them. Gd bless x
Esther1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheOldSoul)
Which branch of Christianity do you belong to, and which things about it appeal to you more than other denominations? Are other denominations sinful, in your opinion, or just different?
I belong to Pentecostal. We have a deep belief in the Holy Spirit. Other denominations are mostly different, but some things are highlighted as wrong.
1. Catholics believe that the Holy communion is truly Jesus that the communion is very sacred and that is absolutely true it is very sacred and can restore and give healing if taken in the right way. But a lot of catholics pray to Mary now this is wrong. It is wrong because Mary is a vessel God used to bring Jesus into the World just like he could have picked another woman but he chose Mary. It is ok to honour the fact that she was Jesus’ physical mother but she must not be prayed to or worshiped as she is God’s creation just like any other Christian or human and as long as God created her she will and can never be worthy of worship. Jesus God and the Holy Spirit who are one are to be worshiped as they were created by no man.
Mormonism is another branch but they have a book that changes the way the Bible originally was and that is wrong.
The only way you know that you are a son and daughter of God that you are doing the right thing is this. That you you have a personal relationship with God a real one and by real I mean you hear him talk and he hears you, you know when he’s calling you to pray you feel his emotions, it’s a true relationship (I can explain how to get there) unfortunately a lot of Christians have not unlocked this side of God therefore they believe God doesn’t really talk and that you just need to go to church. It’s so much deeper my friend!
So yeah most denominations are different no so much sinful but there are principles and if they are not stuck to regardless of denomination they are wrong such as twisting of the true Word Of God (the Bible) and worship of man (a human) no matter the magnitude that God has used them. Gd bless x
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Esther1999)
so does your church do that stuff they call "speaking in tongues"?
Esther1999
Rep:
?

In Leviticus:

There are 3 types of Christians.
1. Uncompromising Christian: this Christian has a true relationship with God and hears his voice clearly and spends time in his presence. This type of Christian is in love with his word and will stand by it no matter what because the have a true relationship with the Lord.
2. Lukewarm Christian: Revelation 3:16 this type of Christian wants to know God but also does not want to let Go of the worlds views and ways of life. This type of Christian would be quick to appease people rather than God and does not like standing out for Jesus but wants to blend in with everyone else even when the bible says ‘be ye set apart’. This Christian has not given there life to Christ either
3. The title Christian: this type just carries the name of a Christian probably because there parents are and do not truly know God the have not given there life to Christ. They have no plans to this type does not truly believe that God is real and they only go to church because they have to. This Christian never reads the bible except on Sundays and does not defend Christ at all in any situation.

Now only uncompromising Christians stand up for God and his word. As a Christian no matter the persecution you must not give into sin and as you said my dear friend the Bible states homosexuality is SIN
We must not tolerate it. That does not mean to scream we hate LGBTQ but it does mean that we must not be afraid to be vocal if the World tries to push it on us or force us into things that go against Gods word.
If a pastor is asked to lead a gay marriage he must say no this is what God would want (according to his Word) and also when you develop a very deep relationship with God and his precious Holy Spirit you will feel God’s emotions and you will feel him getting upset if you led that marriage.
There are also other consequences in the spirit that will happen but I don’t have time to go into it.
Even if the pastor goes to jail or gets beaten up because he refused to lead a gay wedding he has done the right thing and God has seen him and will reward and look after him.
Flee from sexual immorality the bible says.
Lukewarm christians and title Christians will most likely be scared to openly rebuke LGBTQ but the uncompromising righteous Christians have the Boldness Of God in them and speak up.
Esther1999
Rep:
?

In Leviticus:

In regards to your last point.
Yes it is wrong but I must highlight when someone is one with the Holy Spirit people will know. Interpretation of the Bible is given only by the author who is the Holy Spirit (the Spirit Of God)
I can definitely guarantee if you do not ask the Holy Spirit to interpret the Bible for you you are reading it wrongly. That’s why scholars and scientist are confused and say the Bible is confusing or goes against itself it is because they are reading it with there physical minds not with the mind of God the Holy Spirit.
When the Holy Spirit leads you the Bible becomes like bread you can’t get enough and you feel your spirit eating and your spirit gains strength but that’s only with the Holy Spirit helping you.
If you try to read with your own intelligence it will be boring and you will get tired and not understand and most likely interpret it wrongly as you stated.
So yes it is wrong but the most important thing is to make sure the Holy Spirit is giving you the interpretation ( and that’s borne out of a true relationship with God)
Bless you x
Esther1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
if someone were to ask you, "What must I do to go to heaven?" what would you tell them?
Say the prayer of salvation in faith that’s it. Once you confess that you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and that you want him to come into your life and cleanse you from all sin. That you want him to lead you from now on and show himself to you and that you believe he real. Once you say that with all you heart you have become Christian. I can lead you if you’d like
Gd bless x
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are 3 types of Christians.
1. Uncompromising Christian: this Christian has a true relationship with God and hears his voice clearly and spends time in his presence. This type of Christian is in love with his word and will stand by it no matter what because the have a true relationship with the Lord.
2. Lukewarm Christian: Revelation 3:16 this type of Christian wants to know God but also does not want to let Go of the worlds views and ways of life. This type of Christian would be quick to appease people rather than God and does not like standing out for Jesus but wants to blend in with everyone else even when the bible says ‘be ye set apart’. This Christian has not given there life to Christ either
3. The title Christian: this type just carries the name of a Christian probably because there parents are and do not truly know God the have not given there life to Christ. They have no plans to this type does not truly believe that God is real and they only go to church because they have to. This Christian never reads the bible except on Sundays and does not defend Christ at all in any situation.

Now only uncompromising Christians stand up for God and his word. As a Christian no matter the persecution you must not give into sin and as you said my dear friend the Bible states homosexuality is SIN
We must not tolerate it. That does not mean to scream we hate LGBTQ but it does mean that we must not be afraid to be vocal if the World tries to push it on us or force us into things that go against Gods word.
If a pastor is asked to lead a gay marriage he must say no this is what God would want (according to his Word) and also when you develop a very deep relationship with God and his precious Holy Spirit you will feel God’s emotions and you will feel him getting upset if you led that marriage.
There are also other consequences in the spirit that will happen but I don’t have time to go into it.
Even if the pastor goes to jail or gets beaten up because he refused to lead a gay wedding he has done the right thing and God has seen him and will reward and look after him.
In summary Christians must be vocal about God’s hate foe sin and Homosexuality is sin there is no debate. Flee from sexual immorality the bible says.
Lukewarm christians and title Christians will most likely be scared to openly rebuke LGBTQ but the uncompromising righteous Christians have the Boldness Of God in them and speak up.
I may probably not agree with you doctrinally but you said that very well. refreshing to see someone who calls themselves a Christian to actually agree with what is written👍
Esther1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by H.B.K)
so when u tell a lie its an abomination
Lol it’s a Sin yes but Jesus died on the cross for your sins and his blood was shed to wash them away, so what you need to do is say Lord Jesus I’m sorry for lying please forgive me I believe you blood was shed to wash away my sins and I know your blood has washed away this sin that I have done in jesus’ name amen. Then ask the Holy Spirit to help you not to do it again.
Gd bless x
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Say the prayer of salvation in faith that’s it. Once you confess that you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and that you want him to come into your life and cleanse you from all sin. That you want him to lead you from now on and show himself to you and that you believe he real. Once you say that with all you heart you have become Christian. I can lead you if you’d like
Gd bless x
okay, and is there anything you can do to lose your salvation?

don't worry friend, I'm already born-again🙂
Esther1999
Rep:
?
so does your church do that stuff they call "speaking in tongues"?
Yes they do. Speaking in tounges is when the Holy Spirit is praying through you. It is a heavenly language, it is the only language that the devil cannot hear or demons only God can hear this prayer in tounges. There is also another gift the Holy Spirit gives which is the ability to interpret this language so that you understand it. It is very powerful and I use it a lot lol
God bless
Esther1999
Rep:
?
I may probably not agree with you doctrinally but you said that very well. refreshing to see someone who calls themselves a Christian to actually agree with what is written👍
Glad to help I’m a young preacher so I love these type of convos 😊
H.B.K
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
but some sometimes ppl can't stop telling a lie so that they can save their but for some hours or at least a day
Esther1999
Rep:
?
okay, and is there anything you can do to lose your salvation?

don't worry friend, I'm already born-again🙂
Thats great glad to hear your in Christ it’s the best place to be 🤗😉
Yes there is that is by renouncing Jesus by saying I don’t want you Jesus anymore.
There is also backsliding
Lemme give an example.
Let’s say I’m someone who gave there life to Christ.
I start to stop reading the bible and praying and I have the wrong type of friends. I start committing sins and thing I know God doesn’t like like sexual immorality I do this to the extent that I can’t hear God’s voice anymore.
Because I’m far from God’s realm now he will give me signs to come back (such as some people might tell me God has told them to tell me to return to him or I will feel convicted in my heart) but let’s say I keep ignoring it. At some point God wil stop warning me because I’m ignoring him then I’m back to how I was before I gave my life to him. At this point if I died I would go to hell why? Because I rejected Jesus, his word his tugging at my heart, his warnings and I rejected living my life for him. Despite me giving my life to him I rejected him and didn’t come back to him so this I have lost my salvation.
But from experience it is very hard to go back to your old lifestyle if you have a true relationship with God we’re he is speaking and your like friends you feel his love it literally feels like your heart will explode, nothing hurts you because his love sheilds your heart. People that have tasted this side of God will never go back but people who just say there Christian but not read his word or ask him to have a relationship with them will be tempted to go back to there old lifestyle which in essence could lead them to reject Jesus and ignore his beckoning to come back if they go stray for he is our shepherd he will always look for his sheep (is) if we stray ❤️
Esther1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by H.B.K)
but some sometimes ppl can't stop telling a lie so that they can save their but for some hours or at least a day
If that’s the case then sometimes it is a demonic issue.
There is a demon of lying 1 kings 22:21-23 a lying Spirit this needs to be casted out by deliverance in Jesus’ name once it is out they will cease to lie.
Then what they need to do is spend time in God’s presence daily (its an actual place a real place) in this place God will fill them with himself and they will find it hard to lie very hard since God’s presence is strong around them and in them as they commune with him daily
God bless
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (107)
58.47%
No (76)
41.53%

Watched Threads