The Student Room Group

Ask me any question that you have about Christianity ?

Scroll to see replies

What do you recite before you eat? :rolleyes:
Do you recite anything else i.e. when you get up out of bed/ before bed/ before travelling etc? :h:
Since you guys sound like practicing Christians- sex before marriage or after?
Original post by Leviathan1611
don't worry 👍 I'll respond to your pm, I won't let the time you spent writing it all go in vain this time 😋

Original post by Esther1999
Trying my best to reply
I don’t think illness is demonic in nature because you can’t get rid of an infection or cancer with prayer, you need to take anti biotics and other medicine. If all illnesses could be solved through prayer and laying on of hands then how come so many people died of preventable diseases before modern medicine?
Paragraphing I have taken note.
Judas was part of God’s plan yes but as much as God has a plan he also gives choice.
For example God knows the plan he has for your life and there are steps to get there if you don’t take them and listen to his direction you never will get there regardless. God’s plan for Judas’ life may have been that he would betray Jesus but he also had a choice not to but he went through with it. Rejection of Jesus leads to hell its as simple as that really.

A lot of ordination is not inspired by the spirit of God.
People ordinate people due to religious practise but the Holy Spirit must be at work in them first.
If the Holy Spirit is not in a minister priest or whatever name they bear they are wasting their time why because they are doing things in the flesh not the spirit (that’s a whole different topic) The HolySpirt brings power not any man. The gift of discernment from the Holy Spirit enables you to tell. I can tell if a minister has the Holy Spirt at full work in them or whether they are just speaking and preaching from head knowledge which has no power.

With all due respect suicide is a sensitive Issue yes but I am speaking from what the bible says and it says By Jesus’ stripes we are healed I am speaking from his word if your belief is that it is a sickness that’s ok please look for another thread but here I am speaking from his Word which does not glorify any sickness or disease above Gods power .
Suicide is not a sickenss it is a spirit there are 12 strongmen the bible states and suicide is under one of them
There is a spirit of death suicide operates under that
This is deep Christianity and it is spiritual warfare (if you know about this you will understand that a lot of illnesses are spiritual while some only need healing)

Depression in MY opinion is not clinical I have had it and God spoke to me how to get rid of it and showed me the spirit behind it and in a matter seconds it was gone and has never come back even if it tries to God will warn me to rebuke it in jesus‘ name and it will go. Can’t emphasise how easy it is

Jesus has give us POWER we must use it remember The bible says my people perish because of lack of knowledge
Anyone suffering from mental illness either needs healing from the Lord (which is a different process) or deliverance.

Jesus is above all! Christians must never entertain adversity otherwise God’s Power cannot fully operate in them. We must have faith. Take steps if faith and ask some in whom the spirit of God is flowing in to pray for your healing or go for a deliverance session at church by a minister you respect.
Or better still ask the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom to know how to get depression out of your life if you are persistent and read his Word he WILL show you. I am a living testimony.

But if someone accepts the depression and talks about it all the time let’s everyone know that they have it and go on about it (instead of laying it at the feet of their creator the God over all) as their identity then of course it will take over there life. The Bible says our words are powerful.

God bless
Original post by -Quava-

after, and with my future husband only.
I always thought you were a male for some reason.
And same. :h:
Have you found anyone you like or are you trusting in God to bring you a suitable man?
Original post by -Quava-

hehe, probably the username and profile photo 😁
I don't think I'm even old enough to date by my parents standards. so I'm not really looking around at the moment.
Teenage years is too young to be considering marriage; I can see that. Christian men are pretty thin on the ground anyway tbf
I don't think I'm even old enough to date by my parents standards. so I'm not really looking around at the moment.
yeah that too
Reply 90
Original post by -Quava-
What do you recite before you eat? :rolleyes:
Do you recite anything else i.e. when you get up out of bed/ before bed/ before travelling etc? :h:

I say a simple prayer which is just to cover my meal with the blood of Jesus
Yes in the morning I spend time with the Lord telling him about my day the read his Word for strength and to feed my spirit just like i eat to feed my body
At night I ask the Holy Spirit to lead me into Gods presence which is a place of total communion with God and takes a while to enter but the Bible says wait upon the Lord and he will renew your strength in that place Gods voice is clear and audible and all challenges fade away.
So yes :smile:
Reply 91
Could you please explain the need to ask Mary to help you pray to Jesus or to pray for you to Jesus . I just want some answers in regard to this.
Do educate me because yes I am pentecostal.
Original post by the bear
i do not wish to be unkind but you need to do some proper research. it may be that God is calling you to join us.
That's nice. :h:
Yes in the morning I spend time with the Lord telling him about my day the read his Word for strength and to feed my spirit just like i eat to feed my body
At night I ask the Holy Spirit to lead me into Gods presence which is a place of total communion with God and takes a while to enter but the Bible says wait upon the Lord and he will renew your strength in that place Gods voice is clear and audible and all challenges fade away.
So yes :smile:
Reply 93
Thats the thing if Jesus rebuked sickness and placed his hand on people for healing then why would cancer be greater than God
You can get rid of illness with prayer but only prayer powered by the Holy Spirit for it is not by might nor by power but by my spirit sayeth the Lord.
If Jesus healed the sic and casted out devils which delivered many then we can do greater for he said greater things shall ye do in my name.
Yes God has given us the wisdom to create medicine but he has as given us power to remove it as long as we come in faith in what he said in his Word and true faith is given by the Holy Spirit.
There are many factors why people get prayed for yet still die
One of them is that they refuse to let go of the identity of the sickness some people are so wrapped up in their sickness oh do you know i Have a rare form of sickness its incurable and they said im lucky to be alive this is glorification of the sickness God does not tolerate that. This type of person would not want to let go of the sickness because they are accustomed to preach about it to everyone they know about how much nobody understands what they are going through ( do they know how much Jesus went through to die so that you could claim his healing) this leads to a closed heart and Gods power cannot flow.
another factor lets say it was not a case of healing that they needed the spirit of infirmity to be cast out they must agree to the deliverance if they do not agree no matter how much prayer is offered to cast out that spirit it wont work. Why? because that person has not agreed to be delivered and saved they have not given God permission to set them free so they spirit remains in them causing the sickness

another aspect is pride some people dont believe God is real and that he is false someone like this will find it hard to receive healing because they are fighting God within their heart with criticism God works with humility.

These are a few and there are many more but christians can receive healing and deliverance concerning sickness.
The israelites were never sick we see in the Bible up until they were enslaved in Egypt it is believed that in Egypt they learnt about medicine thus removing their trust in God as there healer and relying on the physical
many times I have prayed for God to heal me and I have been.

Many times the Holy Spirit has helped me to discern that a sickness was due to a spirit and I rebuked it in Jesus' name and the sickness left
My people perish because of lack of knowledge
If you are a christian you are powerful beyond comprehension but only when you understand the power you posses then can you use it
How do we discover that through The Word of God ( the BIble) because that is your true identity.

God even said in his Word that he is the Lord God our healer! Hallelujah :smile:
Reply 94
me too strangely i think its the name leviathan that does it
Original post by -Quava-
Reply 95
Sex after marriage.
With my husband Im still a virgin lol I want to save that special moment with the one I know is right and that God is happy with
Original post by -Quava-
Yes but Jesus is God and we are not God, I’ve prayed many times to get rid of my homosexuality, my aspergers and my mild acne and none of the prayers have been answered so whilst I don’t doubt that God has the power to do it; he clearly doesn’t do it?

I’m a born again Christian and I genuinely have faith that God has the power to do these things but yet he still doesn’t do it. No doubt you’re going to say now that I identify myself by my disability and my orientation but I used to be suicidal and hate myself for these things, God did nothing so I’ve learnt to accept these things within myself, so to speak.

I also don’t think anybody who didn’t believe in God would be praying to him for healing so that seems to be a moot point.

We don’t know that the Israelites never got sick; the Old Testament mentions leprosy and other skin diseases and how to deal with them so clearly people did get sick. God even killed the Israelites in the wilderness with a plague.

Thats the thing if Jesus rebuked sickness and placed his hand on people for healing then why would cancer be greater than God
You can get rid of illness with prayer but only prayer powered by the Holy Spirit for it is not by might nor by power but by my spirit sayeth the Lord.
If Jesus healed the sic and casted out devils which delivered many then we can do greater for he said greater things shall ye do in my name.
Yes God has given us the wisdom to create medicine but he has as given us power to remove it as long as we come in faith in what he said in his Word and true faith is given by the Holy Spirit.
There are many factors why people get prayed for yet still die
One of them is that they refuse to let go of the identity of the sickness some people are so wrapped up in their sickness oh do you know i Have a rare form of sickness its incurable and they said im lucky to be alive this is glorification of the sickness God does not tolerate that. This type of person would not want to let go of the sickness because they are accustomed to preach about it to everyone they know about how much nobody understands what they are going through ( do they know how much Jesus went through to die so that you could claim his healing) this leads to a closed heart and Gods power cannot flow.
another factor lets say it was not a case of healing that they needed the spirit of infirmity to be cast out they must agree to the deliverance if they do not agree no matter how much prayer is offered to cast out that spirit it wont work. Why? because that person has not agreed to be delivered and saved they have not given God permission to set them free so they spirit remains in them causing the sickness

another aspect is pride some people dont believe God is real and that he is false someone like this will find it hard to receive healing because they are fighting God within their heart with criticism God works with humility.

These are a few and there are many more but christians can receive healing and deliverance concerning sickness.
The israelites were never sick we see in the Bible up until they were enslaved in Egypt it is believed that in Egypt they learnt about medicine thus removing their trust in God as there healer and relying on the physical
many times I have prayed for God to heal me and I have been.

Many times the Holy Spirit has helped me to discern that a sickness was due to a spirit and I rebuked it in Jesus' name and the sickness left
My people perish because of lack of knowledge
If you are a christian you are powerful beyond comprehension but only when you understand the power you posses then can you use it
How do we discover that through The Word of God ( the BIble) because that is your true identity.

God even said in his Word that he is the Lord God our healer! Hallelujah :smile:
me too strangely i think its the name leviathan that does it

yeah most likely
Asperger's doesn't have to be a disability. How is it so for you? For me, that's how the gifts I have manifest. You probably just haven't found your strengths yet.

I can recommend taking brewers' yeast for acne, it worked pretty well for me. Be warned though, you'll be rocket propelled while it's in your system.

As for orientation, I believe we've talked about this. That's simply how God made you. You can see it as a stumbling block if you like, a temptation to overcome, but is it? That being said, I believe there may be an element of choice and influence in our orientation, as with all our other tastes. I'm not saying you can choose to be what you're not, rather that some people dismiss potential partners on principle, because they aren't the kind of person they prefer. I have an ex who's gay, and she and I were very happy together for two and a half years. Yes, the sexuality got in the way eventually, but one could argue that if we'd actually had sex (we didn't because she was a virgin and was too scared of the pain, and she'd clench up like a vice), she might have relaxed into it and enjoyed it. Everything else we did was very... successful, shall we say. She was gay before we were together and basically took a chance on me. If you're really bothered by being gay, maybe just see if end up meeting a man who's feminine enough for you. Otherwise, just be who you are.

How old are you anyway? I always had the impression you were fifteen or sixteen.

Original post by the bear
i do not wish to be unkind but you need to do some proper research. it may be that God is calling you to join us.

That seems to be the main problem with Protestants in general - a lack of willingness to learn about the other points of view. You get that especially with these odd little fringe churches like OP's talking about, with their... unique... theologies. But then I've noticed Roman Catholics tend not to know much about the other churches either, and have a very strange attitude toward Orthodoxy, insisting that the Orthodox are schismatics and such.

WTF. The blood of Christ is not a condiment.

Spoiler

Historically I have hated myself for having aspergers as I received both a lot of bullying for it at school and my own mother telling me she wished she’d never had me because of the difficulties brought on by it. As I got older, moved out and became more independent I gradually became able to accept myself although I still struggle to make friends and largely prefer my own company these days, with the exception of my girlfriend. It has got the point where I view most human interaction as a chore and I gain no joy out of most interaction, although my job probably doesn’t help either, as it’s draining both physically and emotionally. I don’t write this to try and be depressive or negative; I am only writing my experiences and feelings

If you had managed to get a professed lesbian in bed then it’s more likely she was bisexual, much like yourself, instead of homosexual. I have tried before in the past to be attracted to men, I even took a guy home once to try and have sex with him but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Male genitalia is physically repulsive to me.

Also dying at the bolded :laugh:
Original post by Tootles
Asperger's doesn't have to be a disability. How is it so for you? For me, that's how the gifts I have manifest. You probably just haven't found your strengths yet.

I can recommend taking brewers' yeast for acne, it worked pretty well for me. Be warned though, you'll be rocket propelled while it's in your system.

As for orientation, I believe we've talked about this. That's simply how God made you. You can see it as a stumbling block if you like, a temptation to overcome, but is it? That being said, I believe there may be an element of choice and influence in our orientation, as with all our other tastes. I'm not saying you can choose to be what you're not, rather that some people dismiss potential partners on principle, because they aren't the kind of person they prefer. I have an ex who's gay, and she and I were very happy together for two and a half years. Yes, the sexuality got in the way eventually, but one could argue that if we'd actually had sex (we didn't because she was a virgin and was too scared of the pain, and she'd clench up like a vice), she might have relaxed into it and enjoyed it. Everything else we did was very... successful, shall we say. She was gay before we were together and basically took a chance on me. If you're really bothered by being gay, maybe just see if end up meeting a man who's feminine enough for you. Otherwise, just be who you are.

How old are you anyway? I always had the impression you were fifteen or sixteen.

That seems to be the main problem with Protestants in general - a lack of willingness to learn about the other points of view. You get that especially with these odd little fringe churches like OP's talking about, with their... unique... theologies. But then I've noticed Roman Catholics tend not to know much about the other churches either, and have a very strange attitude toward Orthodoxy, insisting that the Orthodox are schismatics and such.

WTF. The blood of Christ is not a condiment.

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending