Where can i buy a cheap suit?

Watch
studentbug
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I need a suit for a job im starting on tuesday and i dont have that much to spend. Anyone know where i can buy a cheap one that doesnt look too cheap. I heard tesco's clothes are really cheap but i duno if they sell suits.
*Star*Guitar*
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
Are you a guy or girl?
uthred50
Badges: 16
Report 13 years ago
Most of the big supermarkets that do clothes will sell you an ok suit for a good price these days
me_me_mee
Report 13 years ago
primark
studentbug
Rep:
im a guy
kookoo_koochoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Whether you are a girl or boy, supermarkets (Asda - George and Tesco) have decent stuff for something like a job, Matalan as well. And they aren't horribly expensive.
studentbug
Rep:
would primark be cheaper than a supermarket?
Dashavoo
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Try TK Maxx... never looked for a suit there, but everything else is a bargain price =)
Ed.
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Burtons, they do a quite decent black one for £80 odd.
Muppety_Kid
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kookoo_koochoo)
Whether you are a girl or boy, supermarkets (Asda - George and Tesco) have decent stuff for something like a job, Matalan as well. And they aren't horribly expensive.
I was in there a while ago and they had some, they were only about £40 too. Failing that, Asda's the only other place I've seen them really...
*Star*Guitar*
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Primark doesn't seem too bad but some of the suits in Tesco are just awful. If you don't mind spending about £70 then Next is good, that's where my suit is from.
cconstant
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
i brought my suit from T K Max for my 6th form. It wasn't exactly cheap but it's Ted Baker so fantastic quality. It cost £300 from Ted Baker and I got it for £175 in TKMax - bargain.
I don't know if you want to spent that much but there are always bargains in that shop if your willing to look around.
Tesco do do suits but the quality is not great tbh. I think a cheap one from there would cost less than £50.
M&S do nice suits but i haven't fot a clue on prices unfortunately.
studentbug
Rep:
i dont get how a suit can really look cheap? as long as its not got holes in it then it should look fine shouldnt it?
i was kind of hoping to spend £30 max.. ive already got black trousers, do you think it would be ok to just buy the coat part of the suit (or whatever you call it), or would that make it look crap since the trousers and coat might not be the same material?
Queen Alice
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
The guy on big brother wears a suit from ASDA, imagine they are really cheap.

Primark will probs be more stylish though... They sell suits for women, not sure about men
Llamaaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I believe the current cheapest on the market is Asda (George) from what I read a couple of months ago. It's quite nice too- not too shiny. M&S is also reasonable (£20 trousers,, £30 jacket from what I've seen)
cconstant
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
unfortunately as with everything you can tell when you spend a lot of money on something. The cheapest suit are made of some polyester or whatever and a expensive suit will be made of wool or even cashmere and you can really tell the difference. It also depends on what you'll be do doing. if you going to be in an office with suit on the back of a chair or something then yer a cheap suit will be fine. However if you going to be meeting people having a lot of contact and generally wearing it a lot investment in a nice suit is well worth it, not only because it will be more comfortable.

One more thing the person who will be benefiting from a nice suit will be you- you really can tell the difference.

Congratulations by the way on your new job
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Primark. you can probably get a full one uncluding shirt and tie for around £20-40
pcok
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Matalan, £40, and they've got some nice ones.

I work there btw, I don't just go around memorising prices at random shops lol.
generalebriety
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wendy*)
Primark. you can probably get a full one uncluding shirt and tie for around £20-40
Yes, but if he buys a suit from Primark it'll look like a bin bag. You can really tell the difference between a cheap suit and an expensive suit.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
M&S usually have good deals and decent quality. Try next too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
6.89%
October 2021 (194)
46.08%
November 2021 (43)
10.21%
December 2021 (56)
13.3%
January 2021 (46)
10.93%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.26%