Do people who hate you motivate you? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Bit of a strange thought for me, but I was looking through photos on my phone and I saw pics from years ago of me and some ******s who hate me for no reason (yeh these people posed as 'mates' before). This got me quite angry thinking about them and has sort of lifted my mood at the same time, thinking about how I'm doing good things in life atm. I don't know if I could stretch this as far to say 'they motivate me' but they do get me thinking positively about my future to say the least, and the fact that I've cut these ****s off makes me want to achieve more and more in life. You got a similar story or thought, or disagree? Post away.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Yes, I do have stories like that. People who claimed to be my friends, but at the same time, ****ged me off behind my back and made me worth nothing, said I was stupid, would amount to nothing in life because I was deaf. They were all at a grammar school and made me feel rather bad about my poor background. When I think of the experiences I had with them, it does give me a massive fuel/energy to do some work to better places to prove them wrong.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My History Teacher detested me. He always moaned about me to the class, telling them I was always daydreaming and lazy etc.

Anyway, his hatred for me sort of spurred me on. It made me want to get good grades and be more attentive so I could prove them all wrong.

And I did
firegalley246
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm, I seem to have a very similar train of thought to you. I think it's a case of carrying on/not letting them get you down and then in the end being able to come away with the knowledge that you've done your best and achieved far more than they have.
kookoo_koochoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha not really for me but I know someone who when she used to do chemitry at school was told she would "get nowhere in life and was destined to fail". She's a doctor now, and that teacher actually told her she'd never be a doctor as well and generally discouraged her.
Coincidentally, the consultant she was placed to work with also told her she was destined to fail and would never become a doctor. But well she is a fully qualified one now.. strangely. She seems to piss off alot of people.
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kookoo_koochoo)
Haha not really for me but I know someone who when she used to do chemitry at school was told she would "get nowhere in life and was destined to fail". She's a doctor now, and that teacher actually told her she'd never be a doctor as well and generally discouraged her.
Coincidentally, the consultant she was placed to work with also told her she was destined to fail and would never become a doctor. But well she is a fully qualified one now.. strangely. She seems to piss off alot of people.
hey that sounds a bit like me
kookoo_koochoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trance addict)
hey that sounds a bit like me
Just goes to show, you'll get there in the end
Dstbgre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People who hate me dont motivate me at all but they dont hold me back. I just dont associate with those who dislike me, and i know dislike me, as its just far easier that way.
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, I was told I should not consider doing A-level music at all because I was going to fail music GCSE, I didn't (at the time) have grade5 piano and I'd inevitably fail A-level. Within 6months I'd got a merit for grade5 piano (having spent only 6months preparing for the exam where I'd take a year normally), I passed GCSE music with an A (one of only 5 people to get an A in a group of 500 yr11's) and I went on to pass A-level music, not with as fantastic a grade but I made it. Without this man telling me that I was rubbish, I would not have picked music.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"Behind every successful person, lies a pack of haters"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (54)
98.18%
No (1)
1.82%

Watched Threads