The Student Room Group

Help! What's going to happen with my A-Levels?

Hi,

I am an external student re-taking my a-levels at a sixth form college this year after not achieving the grades i wanted last year.

I am only re-sitting two of my a-levels (Computing & Biology) and i sat my computing exam on Monday the 4th.

On that Wednesday i was rushed into hospital with a burst appendix to which i missed my Biology paper 1 due to being in surgery.
I have also missed my Biology & Computing paper 2's due to not being fit enough to go in at all to sit them. (My exams officer is fully aware of the situation)

I have my biology paper 3 tomorrow which I'm pushing to go in for but i'm pretty stressed because it's the hardest biology paper and probably the one im likely to do the worst on out of the 3 (due to the essay etc.) but the only one I've been able or will be able to sit..

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what will happen with regards with my results? - Obviously i'm putting in extenuating circumstances but i'm quite worried that my paper 3 will be used as an average for my grade in bio when it wont be representative at all :/

Does anyone know what might happen with regards to how my grades will be sorted etc.. as it's really stressing me out.

Help is much appreciated - Thanks!
Original post by CopyThat
Hi,

I am an external student re-taking my a-levels at a sixth form college this year after not achieving the grades i wanted last year.

I am only re-sitting two of my a-levels (Computing & Biology) and i sat my computing exam on Monday the 4th.

On that Wednesday i was rushed into hospital with a burst appendix to which i missed my Biology paper 1 due to being in surgery.
I have also missed my Biology & Computing paper 2's due to not being fit enough to go in at all to sit them. (My exams officer is fully aware of the situation)

I have my biology paper 3 tomorrow which I'm pushing to go in for but i'm pretty stressed because it's the hardest biology paper and probably the one im likely to do the worst on out of the 3 (due to the essay etc.) but the only one I've been able or will be able to sit..

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what will happen with regards with my results? - Obviously i'm putting in extenuating circumstances but i'm quite worried that my paper 3 will be used as an average for my grade in bio when it wont be representative at all :/

Does anyone know what might happen with regards to how my grades will be sorted etc.. as it's really stressing me out.

Help is much appreciated - Thanks!

You have your grade from last year, you keep that whatever happens.
For your biology retake, if they accept your extenuating circumstances claim the only thing they can do is use your paper 3 result to estimate what mark you might have got on the papers you missed.
Reply 2
If you only take one paper then they don't just use the% you achieved in that one paper but they do this: https://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/access-arrangements-and-special-consideration/other-documents/estimating-the-mark-when-a-candidate-is-absent
You have nothing to lose by giving it a go tomorrow so just do your best.

Quick Reply

Latest