The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
yeah but still, how can the govt. meddle with interest rates there :s-smilie:
Dan-IW, these notes are absolutely amazing. They're so comprehensive too, you can self-teach the course from this.
Reply 122
that makes sense, if we cover the first point, and just say that bonds are issued to the private sector to help fund expenditure, a crowding out effect is created as private firms have less money for investment. makes a bit more sense now..

this question was referring to the implications of an increasing fiscal deficit (60 marks), of which my points were:

higher borrowing - through private sector - crowding out
higher taxation - lower AD - lower output and employment + less demand for imports, so bettered trade in goods (although this depends on the martial learner)
Marshall-Lerner*
Reply 124
there was a question on globalisation on the june 2005 paper

examine the significance of the factor leading to increased globalisation in recent yrs.
now the point are
lower transport costs
different tax regiemes in different coutries
openness to trade + reduced barriers
increase in tech + communication

but when its says significance, how do u eval them?
i was thinkin of something like the EU bloc is against the idea of globalisation. is that correct?
or what other eval points?
mikeywang
this might sound stupid, but u know for the 60 and 40 mark questions, you get put into a level according to how you have structured your answer.

to get into the highest level you need 4 points of analysis and 3 evaluations. so does that mean even if you have really simple 4 x analysis and 3 x evaluation you will still get into the highest level?

Simple as in straightforward, yes. As long as it is relevant and well developed.
ayandutta
but when its says significance, how do u eval them?
i was thinkin of something like the EU bloc is against the idea of globalisation. is that correct?
or what other eval points?

If you get really stuck, consider the significance of the points (ie. which one is more significant/has more of an impact) or consider short run and long run situations.
Reply 127
june 06, question is compare effectiveness of SS policy and fiscal policy to correct trade deficit.

so the 4 points, i found it a wierd to answer it as 4 points. i did

what SS policy is, few egs. and how they work in reducing deficit. then eval it
and
what is fiscal, few egs. how they work and eval
then compare them.

now that is what the MS shows, but how do you put it into 4 points ? is it like 1 policy example is 1 point? so we use 4 examples eg. reduce UE benefits, increase edu traiing , ...

under eval, it says SS policy may not work if exchange rate os over valued. ? i cant understand that
any1 know the link ?

appreciate it.
i tink some of the syllabus is fne its just the exam ppaper and the first section
40 and 60 markers!!! and they say only write about 4 points so thats like half a page on each. (but with graphs aswell)
data response should be fine, aslong as its eaier than unit 5 il be happy coz i need a gd mark to cover my unit 5 U lol!
Sports Racer
Dan-IW, these notes are absolutely amazing. They're so comprehensive too, you can self-teach the course from this.

That's the purpose really :biggrin: Saves my teachers' time...
jamie_jme_brown
i tink some of the syllabus is fne its just the exam ppaper and the first section
40 and 60 markers!!! and they say only write about 4 points so thats like half a page on each. (but with graphs aswell)
data response should be fine, aslong as its eaier than unit 5 il be happy coz i need a gd mark to cover my unit 5 U lol!

Same. I am aiming for full marks in unit 6. But I got geo and C4 as well. :mad:
Is this exam morning or afternoon?
All at once
Is this exam morning or afternoon?

Mornin'.
Sports Racer
Mornin'.

cheers, i've cocked up exam timing on two occasions already, trying not to get the hat-trick
With regards to the reasons why globalisation has occured. My list would include:

Standardisation of want (David Waite)
Communication/Technological Improvements
The WTO and GATT's Efforts.
Lower Transport Costs
New Potential Markets - Soviet Union/China
Cultural and Politicial openeness
I've sent out a second batch of notes. If you asked for them, but don't yet have them, PM me again, and make sure you include your email.
Thanks a lot Dan, I repped you but it will be neutral I think, I lack the power to influence...
Reply 137
Is the NAIRU the long run or the short run phillips curve???
Im guessing long run but just to make sure...
connymb
Is the NAIRU the long run or the short run phillips curve???
Im guessing long run but just to make sure...

Long run. Check post 94.
Reply 139
Cheers

Latest

Trending

Trending