Top up degree and previous study Watch

Sunshine23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi , years ago I had student funding for an undergraduate degree but dropped out in my 2nd year. A few years later I completed a 2 year foundation degree which was self-funded and would now like to do a distant learning top-up degree course for 1 year which will turn my qualification into a BA degree. My question is will I be able to receive student finance for this course or is the calculation the same as if it were an undergraduate degree.

Thank you
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sunshine23)
Hi , years ago I had student funding for an undergraduate degree but dropped out in my 2nd year. A few years later I completed a 2 year foundation degree which was self-funded and would now like to do a distant learning top-up degree course for 1 year which will turn my qualification into a BA degree. My question is will I be able to receive student finance for this course or is the calculation the same as if it were an undergraduate degree.

Thank you
Hi there,

Based on the information you have provided, you would not be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan for a top up course, as we do need to take in to account self funded previous study as well as years you have received student finance.

Are there any compelling personal reasons as to why you had to drop out of your previous course?

Thanks, Ashley.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads