The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Getting in with slightly lower grades

I was wondering whether if one was to get an offer at BBB and they were to get BBC would is the likelihood of them actually getting in or is clearing their destiny?
Original post by Anonymous
I was wondering whether if one was to get an offer at BBB and they were to get BBC would is the likelihood of them actually getting in or is clearing their destiny?

Imo probable, but it still depends on how many others make the offer and accept. They are likely to decide a one grade deficit and make the offer by the time results come out. You dont have grades yet so you are now in grade limbo and its a bit pointless speculating. Go and chill now you have finished. You could have done better.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Hi there!
This is entirely dependent on the number of applicants to the course and also how many of the applicants also meet the entry requirements on results day. It is relatively common for universities to accept students on results day with one or maybe two grades beneath the asking grades, however there is no certainty.
If you do not get into your chosen university then clearing is also definitely an option!
But do not worry too much, as I said it is certainly not unheard of for universities to offer students places who missed the grades by one. I hope that this helps, and good luck for your results day :smile:
Those are called ‘near misses’ and the amount of them they give out depends on many different factors, like course popularity, number of applicants, how well everyone else did. For a very competitive course like medicine it seems unlikely you’ll get in on a near miss, but most other courses will give out a certain number as long as you only dropped one grade I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending