Accepted unconditional offer, but what to change course on/after results day. Watch

JoeJJD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I accepted an unconditional offer, however I want to change course when I get my results, do I use UCAS Adjustment or Clearing?
username4837130
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JoeJJD)
I accepted an unconditional offer, however I want to change course when I get my results, do I use UCAS Adjustment or Clearing?
did you get it from southbank?
kazzykat95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Adjustment for better results than predicted, Clearing for results worse than predicted iirc.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You may have to use clearing, was it an unconditional if firm or not?
JoeJJD
Rep:
?
unconditional if firm
(Original post by claireestelle)
You may have to use clearing, was it an unconditional if firm or not?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
unconditional if firm
call ucas you could eligible for adjustment but if you don't want to go to that uni anymore then ask to be put into clearing now. I presume you want to do a different course at a different uni?
JoeJJD
Rep:
?
is there an advantage to being put into clearing now rather than on results day?
call ucas you could eligible for adjustment but if you don't want to go to that uni anymore then ask to be put into clearing now. I presume you want to do a different course at a different uni?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
is there an advantage to being put into clearing now rather than on results day?
the university would do it much more quickly now than on results day
JoeJJD
Rep:
?
the university would do what more quickly now than on results day, sorry?
the university would do it much more quickly now than on results day
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
the university would do what more quickly now than on results day, sorry?
put you into clearing.
JoeJJD
Rep:
?
okay thank you for your help is there any way to look at course vacancies now or do you have to wait until results day to see clearing vacancies
put you into clearing.
Solent University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi Joe,

I went through a similar thing myself when it came to applying to university. I had accepted an unconditional offer from one university, then decided a week before I was due to start that I would rather attend Solent.

The process was fairly easy but took a bit of time. I started by contacting Solent to ask if they had a place for me on the course I wanted to do. When they confirmed they would have a place for me, I had to be released from the university I had an unconfirmed place with (if you are looking to study with the same university, this process may be easier for you).

After a day or so, I was released from the original university and I was then able to apply to Solent through clearing.

My advice for you would be to contact the university you want to attend as soon as you can and check they can take you on the course you want to do and ask them what steps they want you to take in order to change your course.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions or if there is anything you want me to explain more for you.

Thank you,
Izzy 😊
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hiya :wavey:

The clearing vacancies go live on UCAS at around 9am on the 5th July and they will update again on A-level results day when universities have processed exam results and made their decisions.

okay thank you for your help is there any way to look at course vacancies now or do you have to wait until results day to see clearing vacancies
JoeJJD
Rep:
?
htankyou for your help?
(Original post by Solent University)
Hi Joe,

I went through a similar thing myself when it came to applying to university. I had accepted an unconditional offer from one university, then decided a week before I was due to start that I would rather attend Solent.

The process was fairly easy but took a bit of time. I started by contacting Solent to ask if they had a place for me on the course I wanted to do. When they confirmed they would have a place for me, I had to be released from the university I had an unconfirmed place with (if you are looking to study with the same university, this process may be easier for you).

After a day or so, I was released from the original university and I was then able to apply to Solent through clearing.

My advice for you would be to contact the university you want to attend as soon as you can and check they can take you on the course you want to do and ask them what steps they want you to take in order to change your course.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions or if there is anything you want me to explain more for you.

Thank you,
Izzy 😊
JoeJJD
Rep:
?
so when the vacancies go live do you ring the uni you want to go to and say what ur predicted grades are etc. and then do they give u an offer? :-)
(Original post by She-Ra)
Hiya :wavey:

The clearing vacancies go live on UCAS at around 9am on the 5th July and they will update again on A-level results day when universities have processed exam results and made their decisions.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
so when the vacancies go live do you ring the uni you want to go to and say what ur predicted grades are etc. and then do they give u an offer? :-)
You can’t have conditional offers in clearing. You can sign up as interested before results day but you can only apply in clearing once you have your results (which is why it’s helpful to be in clearing as soon as you have your results).
JoeJJD
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
thank you I understand now
(Original post by PQ)
You can’t have conditional offers in clearing. You can sign up as interested before results day but you can only apply in clearing once you have your results (which is why it’s helpful to be in clearing as soon as you have your results).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads