We don't need schools Watch

yoyo555
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Nor do we need to pay £500 for a school uniform out of our own pocket. It is like servants having to pay for their own uniform, only this time we are servants of the state. The state regards children as the property of the state, but paid for by their parents.

The powers that be won't even let you make the uniform. It says on the sheet that the various items must be 'bought from shop.' They should be told where to go.

Barring laboratories, there is nothing you can learn at school that you could not learn out of a study book.

You go to school to make friends - why can't you just join a few clubs instead? People already selected for their common values.

It is very easy to get out of school. All you have to do is write to the headmistress telling them that you are withdrawing your child from the school. They have to agree. The regulations on home schooling are vague and not a lot of checking is done by the authorities.
Last edited by yoyo555; 4 weeks ago
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yoyo555)
Nor do we need to pay £500 for a school uniform out of our own pocket. It is like servants having to pay for their own uniform, only this time we are servants of the state. The state regards children as the property of the state, but paid for by their parents.

Barring laboratories, there is nothing you can learn at school that you could not learn out of a study book.

You go to school to make friends - why can't you just join a few clubs instead? People already selected for their common values.
Children need structure. Most children are unable to just 'learn out of a study book'. School gives that structure and a national curriculum means that at least there is a national standard of education to aim for. I agree that £500 is very expensive for a school uniform (though in my day it only cost a fraction of that), but children aren't cheap.
Last edited by Royal Oak; 4 weeks ago
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What if both parents need to work?
mez_merising
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you can get financial support for these things...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (455)
58.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.84%

Watched Threads