The Student Room Group

Will my ADHD warrant a contextual offer?

I have been diagnosed with ADHD however I had normal time for my exams and I was diagnosed after I finished. Time was an issue in all of my papers and hence I fear that this will impact my grades. I'm doing a gap year and I wish to apply after I get my grades and use the time in my gap year to study programming and gain work experience. I would love to do computer science Newcastle but the entry is AAB and I think I will get ABB. Will my situation necessitate a contextual offer and would Newcastle consider this? Cheers in advance.
you wont get a contextual offer. They are for people in low income families or poor performing schools. You could ask for special consideration based on your medical condition
Reply 2
Ok thanks. Do you think they would consider it?
Original post by swanseajack1
you wont get a contextual offer. They are for people in low income families or poor performing schools. You could ask for special consideration based on your medical condition
Original post by pastiche73

I dont know but you have nothing to lose by trying. Speak to your school's examination officer to see if they can help.
Reply 4
Original post by pastiche73

Did they end up considering this? I am in a similar boat.
You will not get a Contextual offer for an SEN condition.
Contextual offers are about Widening Participation - not giving grade concessions to those who already get extra time in exams etc.
Previously undiagnosed medical conditions would fall under mitigating circumstances, not contextual offers.

Check the unis process for mitigating circumstances. They may need a letter from your school or evidence from your doctor.

It’s very unlikely you would get a reduced offer, but if you missed the grades need they would take this into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending