is London overrated Watch

manu04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ite first off im not trying to be a bigot or offend anyone. Personally, I have lived in, India, Spain, Gibraltar and London and i will say that London is my least favorite. I love that there is absolutely loads to do like movies wireless etc, and I have a lot of good friends here.
However, I get the impression that Spain and Gibraltar were better in terms of living. Transport was so much more manageable in Gibraltar, and everyone knew everyone, so there was a feel of community among us, whereas in London, it just feels like an open wilderness of people. What are your thoughts about living in London (I guess I should know a bit more about other areas bc I live in central west, and my parents are quite strict on me going to other areas)
leopard202
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends what you're looking for, it was very culturally (art, history, music etc) stimulating for me and exciting for me to explore the vices of the world and have a cool job. But definitely one of my lowest 'living quality' experiences, in terms of what accommodation i got for my money, the freshness/quantity of food on a budget, general transport experience, and quality of community. Had some of the best crazy times i've had but at the same time was the most stressed, unhealthy and lonely i have been so far. (But that's just my experience)
(Original post by manu04)
Ite first off im not trying to be a bigot or offend anyone. Personally, I have lived in, India, Spain, Gibraltar and London and i will say that London is my least favorite. I love that there is absolutely loads to do like movies wireless etc, and I have a lot of good friends here.
However, I get the impression that Spain and Gibraltar were better in terms of living. Transport was so much more manageable in Gibraltar, and everyone knew everyone, so there was a feel of community among us, whereas in London, it just feels like an open wilderness of people. What are your thoughts about living in London (I guess I should know a bit more about other areas bc I live in central west, and my parents are quite strict on me going to other areas)
manu04
Rep:
?
(Original post by leopard202)
Depends what you're looking for, it was very culturally (art, history, music etc) stimulating for me and exciting for me to explore the vices of the world and have a cool job. But definitely one of my lowest 'living quality' experiences, in terms of what accommodation i got for my money, the freshness/quantity of food on a budget, general transport experience, and quality of community. Had some of the best crazy times i've had but at the same time was the most stressed, unhealthy and lonely i have been so far. (But that's just my experience)
i will tell u that india was probs my favorite. Its the only place where I am not a minority, and theres so much life. Its also a big country so theres a lot to explore
JJJJJAAAAMES
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why would anyone want to live anywhere apart from Gods own country, Yorkshire
schoolsboring
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Greater London is, London city isn't as its the most important city in the world.
manu04
Rep:
?
(Original post by schoolsboring)
Greater London is, London city isn't as its the most important city in the world.
Didn't answer my question.
Im talking like quality of life, ppl school that kind of thing
Im still in schl so this doesn't rly matter
aa-k
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Foreigners seem to rate it highly but I think it's a bit *****y
schoolsboring
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't answer my question.
Im talking like quality of life, ppl school that kind of thing
Im still in schl so this doesn't rly matter
Well it's difficult to answer greater London is which is a majority of what London is known for varies, as some of the London burrows are the most deprived area's of the UK and some are incredibly rich and wealth, the actually London city (central London or whatever) is incredibly rich and has a good quality for life so really it depends where you live in london
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The large cities are dead, the smaller cities are mostly dying and the towns and villages are next on the chopping block for the death of Britain.
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
The large cities are dead, the smaller cities are mostly dying and the towns and villages are next on the chopping block for the death of Britain.
mate ..... what ?? i agree but would say the otherway around. fishing and post-industiral towns and villiages are dead, even the richest villiages in the UK are dead and a bit of a joke. I.E: Ilkly. EX-small cities that lack any purpose now, post once again fishing and mining are dying, IE: hull, but most arent, and the large cities are doing fine ...
JJJJJAAAAMES
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rimstone)
mate ..... what ?? i agree but would say the otherway around. fishing and post-industiral towns and villiages are dead, even the richest villiages in the UK are dead and a bit of a joke. I.E: Ilkly. EX-small cities that lack any purpose now, post once again fishing and mining are dying, IE: hull, but most arent, and the large cities are doing fine ...
man, when I see the capital letters "IE", I straight up think ionisation energy
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sure some of the smaller places are pretty awful but London and many of the other cities are so 'vibrant', all they look like now is any other Major city, with the skyline being destroyed by modern architecture. The real Britain lies in the countryside and smaller villages.
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Sure some of the smaller places are pretty awful but London and many of the other cities are so 'vibrant', all they look like now is any other Major city, with the skyline being destroyed by modern architecture. The real Britain lies in the countryside and smaller villages.
i gotta disagree, youll see better and Much architecture from all eras in most modern cities, barring maybe hull, that was bombed to **** in WW2, even then the 5ish% of housing that remain old houses left in hull, will probably be more than most town and viliages have. And im sorry ive seen a good amount of england, and most its small and large cities ( since going un i and before, since as you might know, your mates end up going all over ) and most villiages and towns are like a said a joke compared to london ( some like grimsby and scunthrope are a shithole- look like a wartorn country ). they lack services, some villiages have like 3-5 buses a day ! were as in major cities you can have great public transport of mile better than anything in a town or villiage. the shop also lack heavily in those places, as well as things to do, places to eat ect ect. if you like villiage life i guess its okay, but personally i havent found a single villiage, worth living in over london or even newcastle. That fact is further proven by the fact, i havent meet anyone under 30 from a small villiage that doesnt want to get out of it ASAP. and the real britian is britian with london being one of its major gems mate, not somewhere with one unnamed conor and a burned out pub ****-hole of a villiage.
Last edited by rimstone; 1 month ago
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Great to visit - wouldn't want to try living there though...
manu04
Rep:
?
(Original post by schoolsboring)
Well it's difficult to answer greater London is which is a majority of what London is known for varies, as some of the London burrows are the most deprived area's of the UK and some are incredibly rich and wealth, the actually London city (central London or whatever) is incredibly rich and has a good quality for life so really it depends where you live in londo
Central london is overrated. Its so loud and full of tourists. I would rather live in india, its meant to be loud and in my opinion the feel is j so much better despite the quality of life being much lower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
London isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Of course there are certain areas to avoid but it's alright.
DarthRoar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People go to London because it's where the money is. There isn't any other good reason, plenty of better cities in the UK.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i gotta disagree, youll see better and Much architecture from all eras in most modern cities, barring maybe hull, that was bombed to **** in WW2, even then the 5ish% of housing that remain old houses left in hull, will probably be more than most town and viliages have. And im sorry ive seen a good amount of england, and most its small and large cities ( since going un i and before, since as you might know, your mates end up going all over ) and most villiages and towns are like a said a joke compared to london ( some like grimsby and scunthrope are a shithole- look like a wartorn country ). they lack services, some villiages have like 3-5 buses a day ! were as in major cities you can have great public transport of mile better than anything in a town or villiage. the shop also lack heavily in those places, as well as things to do, places to eat ect ect. if you like villiage life i guess its okay, but personally i havent found a single villiage, worth living in over london or even newcastle. That fact is further proven by the fact, i havent meet anyone under 30 from a small villiage that doesnt want to get out of it ASAP. and the real britian is britian with london being one of its major gems mate, not somewhere with one unnamed conor and a burned out pub ****-hole of a villiage.
Everything you said was true . But that doesn't mean London isn't overrated..
Powerpuffboys
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I live in inner city London. And it's depressing out here. :/

Londoners are pricks.
manu04
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago