does swansea uni offer open modules?

Watch
Unii123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I am really torn!! so its between UEA and the climate change course and swansea uni. Swansea is much closer to home and therefore I think I would do better here as I'll have support but I love the modules that are offered in UEA as they offer environmental science modules too, does swansea with the earth science course offer this? I would really like to do an environmental science module.
J.F.Maddern
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Great to hear that you have support near Swansea. I am involved in programme development in the geography department and I can highly recommend our geography degrees. We have recently resfeshed our first year to have a much greater emphasis on climate change, sustainability and global challenges. For example in the new module called "Habitable worlds", we have an assignment focussed on the UN sustainability goals, so you can chose to focus on climate change from the very beginning. We also have various climate change modules through the three years of the degree. You can also take 20 credits a year outside of the department so could take one of the very popular biosciences modules on similar themes. Our degrees are very popular with 100% student satisfaction in physical earth sciences and 95% in geography.

Swansea is a fab place to study!

Good luck in making your decision.

Best wishes,

Jo
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by J.F.Maddern)
Great to hear that you have support near Swansea. I am involved in programme development in the geography department and I can highly recommend our geography degrees. We have recently resfeshed our first year to have a much greater emphasis on climate change, sustainability and global challenges. For example in the new module called "Habitable worlds", we have an assignment focussed on the UN sustainability goals, so you can chose to focus on climate change from the very beginning. We also have various climate change modules through the three years of the degree. You can also take 20 credits a year outside of the department so could take one of the very popular biosciences modules on similar themes. Our degrees are very popular with 100% student satisfaction in physical earth sciences and 95% in geography.

Best wishes,

Jo
Just a quick input from me to say I can verify Jo is who she says she is!

Jamie
Unii123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by J.F.Maddern)

Best wishes,

Jo
Thanks so much for your help, I was just wondering if I would be able to talk to an education advertiser even though I haven't started uni yet
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Unii123)
Thanks so much for your help, I was just wondering if I would be able to talk to an education advertiser even though I haven't started uni yet
Hi Unii123,

I've got in touch with Jo who has asked me to post this on her behlaf:

"Of course! We have many staff in the department who would be happy to advise you. https://www.swansea.ac.uk/geography/undergraduate/

You will find a list of staff contacts on the link above. Give us a call for a chat. Myself or others would be happy to chat with you "

I hope that helps!

Jamie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads