Really worried - Internship over Summer, isolated University accomodation Watch

Frostyj
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
During the Spring Term of this year, I signed up to an Internship not knowing that this Internship was over the Summer.

So, I told my manager about my worry over this and requested that I only do 2-3 weeks of the Internship at the University and the rest at home.

However, having been assigned my room and moved into it - I can't see myself staying here for two weeks.

The room is very small (I had a flat to myself previously) with one window. University is very isolated - I just went a walk and all lights are out, aside from one or two foreign students. Everyone has moved out, even the Senior Residents.

I would say there is maybe 100 students here and that's it.

Is there anything I could/should do about this? I was thinking of telling the leader that i'm not satisfied with my accommodation and requesting to work from home? I don't want to let him down, and I was committed to staying here prior to seeing this room.

Just not sure if this loneliness and isolation is worth it.
Last edited by Frostyj; 4 weeks ago
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sunday are dead every where. It will only be a few weeks so grit your teeth and bear it. Surely you will be meeting people tomorrow?
(Original post by Frostyj)
During the Spring Term of this year, I signed up to an Internship not knowing that this Internship was over the Summer.

So, I told my manager about my worry over this and requested that I only do 2-3 weeks of the Internship at the University and the rest at home.

However, having been assigned my room and moved into it - I can't see myself staying here for two weeks.

The room is very small (I had a flat to myself previously) with one window. University is very isolated - I just went a walk and all lights are out, aside from one or two foreign students. Everyone has moved out, even the Senior Residents.

I would say there is maybe 100 students here and that's it.

Is there anything I could/should do about this? I was thinking of telling the leader that i'm not satisfied with my accommodation and requesting to work from home? I don't want to let him down, and I was committed to staying here prior to seeing this room.

Just not sure if this loneliness and isolation is worth it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.38%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (66)
9.76%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.2%

Watched Threads