The Student Room Group

Really worried - Internship over Summer, isolated University accomodation

During the Spring Term of this year, I signed up to an Internship not knowing that this Internship was over the Summer.

So, I told my manager about my worry over this and requested that I only do 2-3 weeks of the Internship at the University and the rest at home.

However, having been assigned my room and moved into it - I can't see myself staying here for two weeks.

The room is very small (I had a flat to myself previously) with one window. University is very isolated - I just went a walk and all lights are out, aside from one or two foreign students. Everyone has moved out, even the Senior Residents.

I would say there is maybe 100 students here and that's it.

Is there anything I could/should do about this? I was thinking of telling the leader that i'm not satisfied with my accommodation and requesting to work from home? I don't want to let him down, and I was committed to staying here prior to seeing this room.

Just not sure if this loneliness and isolation is worth it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Sunday are dead every where. It will only be a few weeks so grit your teeth and bear it. Surely you will be meeting people tomorrow?
Original post by Frostyj
During the Spring Term of this year, I signed up to an Internship not knowing that this Internship was over the Summer.

So, I told my manager about my worry over this and requested that I only do 2-3 weeks of the Internship at the University and the rest at home.

However, having been assigned my room and moved into it - I can't see myself staying here for two weeks.

The room is very small (I had a flat to myself previously) with one window. University is very isolated - I just went a walk and all lights are out, aside from one or two foreign students. Everyone has moved out, even the Senior Residents.

I would say there is maybe 100 students here and that's it.

Is there anything I could/should do about this? I was thinking of telling the leader that i'm not satisfied with my accommodation and requesting to work from home? I don't want to let him down, and I was committed to staying here prior to seeing this room.

Just not sure if this loneliness and isolation is worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending