Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

First off, I'm going to admit to being not so knowledgeable when it comes to all things computers, so hopefully you can bare with me

I'm looking into buying a laptop, and after searching, I've decided that I'm going to buy a Toshiba, and have gone as far as deciding on a 'Satellite Pro A300-1C2'.

I've heard that if the laptop has more memory then the battery will be drained much faster, and the lifeline of a battery will be greatly reduced. Is this an urban myth or is there credibility to it? If so what's the story?

I'm concerned because the 'A300-1C2' has 3GB of memory, which from what I've seen is quite a lot.

Hopefully someone will be able to help, and I thank you in advance, but if not, I'd be grateful for anyone that can redirect me to a laptop/computer forum, where more people may know

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    urban myth. That's just...

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs, who tells people stuff like this?

False, for the record.

ReputationRep:
    Phew Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone has a Toshiba Satellite Pro A300-1C2 and what they think of it... I've searched all over the web for reviews, but can't find a single one

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    - Merged with your other thread -

Please keep all questions on a topic such as a specific laptop to one thread, please.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    no problem

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 8, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.