I've probably failed my A-Levels - What are my options? Watch

b956444
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've done pretty badly in my A-Levels and there's no way I'm gonna be able to meet the requirements for Uni. My sixth form is also getting shut down next year so I'm unable to retake the year there, am I screwed?
Abzz09
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You’re definitely not screwed but it’s a bit of a sticky one. You can 100% apply to other colleges to retake the year. Also if you miss your grades try call your Unis up, they might still give you a place. Don’t stress about it too much.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Solent University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

First of all, don’t panic. Sometimes we feel we have done terrible at something and then it turns out okay. Unfortunately, all you can do for now if wait until results day.

If you did want to be proactive in the mean time, perhaps contact your university and ask them what grades they would be willing to accept if you don’t get your expected grades. You could also ask if your course will be going into clearing if you don’t meet the requirements.

You can also look into the possibility of a foundation year. Foundation years offer a gateway into university if you haven’t met the requirements for your course. Here’s some examples of the foundation courses we offer here at Solent: https://www.solent.ac.uk/search-resu...ndation%20year

If you were set on retaking your A Levels or fear your grades won’t allow you into university at all, now is a good time to do some research on other Sixth Forms and Colleges in your area that you could transfer to. Go ahead and contact them, explain your situation and see what they would be able to do for you.

Basically, my advice is to do plenty of research into all the avenues you could go down. I’m sure you’ll find by doing this that it will elevate stress and make you feel much more confident about yourself and your options.

Remember that your A Levels aren’t the end of the road and there will always be options for you. You just need to take matters into your own hands and actively pursue a solution.

I hope this has helped but let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thank you,
Izzy 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (525)
59.39%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed