Results day jitters Watch

Benja_Vc_Vksøn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Folks,Im really stressed out right now...Im just about to finish my IALs(Edexcel),I took biology,maths and chemistry and my predicted grades are A*AA respectively.But the papers this year are utterly impossible...Sod it In my biology A2 I even left several questions blank(With a lum sum of 15 raw marks,combined) and I feel real bad after the exams and thought that Im gunna fail...I dunt know if I am going to get CCC or sth like that
Im applying for medicine so the grades are really important...

Could some kind souls please give me some advice on stress relief?

#nervous breakdown and panic attack
Abzz09
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You’ll be fine. If you think you’re a smart student and you found it hard, the pretty much everyone else found it hard, therefore lower grande boundaries.
Just enjoy your summer for now!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bwoah
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Benja_Vc_Vksøn)
Folks,Im really stressed out right now...Im just about to finish my IALs(Edexcel),I took biology,maths and chemistry and my predicted grades are A*AA respectively.But the papers this year are utterly impossible...Sod it In my biology A2 I even left several questions blank(With a lum sum of 15 raw marks,combined) and I feel real bad after the exams and thought that Im gunna fail...I dunt know if I am going to get CCC or sth like that
Im applying for medicine so the grades are really important...

Could some kind souls please give me some advice on stress relief?

#nervous breakdown and panic attack
It's pretty redundant to worry to be honest, i was in a similar situation last year and the worst came true but there are still plenty of options even if it does. I'm resitting this year and eventhough im unsure with some of the papers im much more relaxed. The comment above pretty much nails it but if you know you are missing medicine grades then you know what the outcome is likely to be. If you are deadset on doing undegraduate medicine you can always resit your A-levels but of course that comes with the risk of narrowly missing out again which probably wont be too appealing to a medical school, if not there are many other routes into medicine which shouldnt be a problem if you have the intelligence and work ethic.
Last edited by Bwoah; 4 weeks ago
Benja_Vc_Vksøn
Rep:
?
Thanks
(Original post by Abzz09)
You’ll be fine. If you think you’re a smart student and you found it hard, the pretty much everyone else found it hard, therefore lower grande boundaries.
Just enjoy your summer for now!
Benja_Vc_Vksøn
Rep:
?
Well im not that sure if I got things wrong and where the grade boundaries are,
Im going to study medicine in Sweden,Denmark or France and the grades attained for medicine is lower.
I do wish the grade boundaries this year is lower than last year's...
(Original post by Bwoah)
It's pretty redundant to worry to be honest, i was in a similar situation last year and the worst came true but there are still plenty of options even if it does. I'm resitting this year and eventhough im unsure with some of the papers im much more relaxed. The comment above pretty much nails it but if you know you are missing medicine grades then you know what the outcome is likely to be. If you are deadset on doing undegraduate medicine you can always resit your A-levels but of course that comes with the risk of narrowly missing out again which probably wont be too appealing to a medical school, if not there are many other routes into medicine which shouldnt be a problem if you have the intelligence and work ethic.
Btstrash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
have you ever met anyone who got Us Ds and Es for Alevel and are resitting? Im sure that will be me this year...
(Original post by Bwoah)
screweverything
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah my predictions were high but I don't think I'll get any of my needed grades (maybe except computer science). Hopefully the grade boundaries are low though. A lot of people are in the same boat as you.
screweverything
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I most likely failed physics and I won't be resitting, in fact I'll do another A-Level privately because it's just too hard for me.
(Original post by Btstrash)
have you ever met anyone who got Us Ds and Es for Alevel and are resitting? Im sure that will be me this year...
Bwoah
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes lol, my friend got 3E's and is resitting the 3 sciences and i got CDE last year when i was predicted A*AB from my mocks lol, its tricky and there are some downsides but a resit absolutely takes away the stress and gives you much more time to prepare, sometimes the extra year is worth doing if it prevents you doing something you dont want to do.
Omar964
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did really bad on C34 today and M2 is very difficult so we’re in the same boat
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Benja_Vc_Vksøn
Rep:
?
I met a girl who got and A in Chem and she is resitting for an A*...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.59%
No I am happy with my course choice (526)
59.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.35%

Watched Threads