My sister is always posting unflattering photos and videos of me and won’t stop Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Every-time we go out, my sister is always quick to take videos or photos of me particularly when I am off guard. It really upsets me because she seems to always take horrible pictures of me especially when I’m drunk and not looking particularly good and posts them online. Also as well as she will take a nice picture of herself and I might be throwing up in the background or doing something silly. At this point I really don’t like going out with her anymore and it’s really made self conscious as I feel like she’s waiting for me to slip up and I have to watch what I do, can’t have fun without every second being videoed. I’ve told her how I’ve felt and how upsets it makes me but she thinks I’m being sensitive . What can I do?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
stop using social media (is that an option nowadays?) or just take a month off instagram/snapchat/etc/etc

there's more to life, but as you say, it can be annoying - however if you can be doing something else, and not following these updates, she might even stop. I think all siblings enjoy mildly pranking their relatives, but if you aren't interested in teh social media, she'd probably stop it (and do something else , or maybe grow up a bit)

other ideas might be more sensible, but that's how I would handle this, {or get her a bunch of flowers/chocolate and go on a positive charm offensive, might also work!}
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most social media outlets you can report you in photos without permission and they can remove them if you really wanted to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (525)
59.39%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.37%

Watched Threads