username4571016
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am going to study criminology with law and I wanted to know how hard the criminology exam is and how much exams there is on this degree m. I’ve looked on my university website who say that 18.2% of the study time on this course is spent in lectures, seminars, tutorials. You will be taught through seminars and tutorials, group work, practical experience and lectures. I wanted to know if there are loads of exams or if the exams are a massive part of the degree as i just can not do exams. I haven’t don’t exams since GCSE and I hated them so much which is why I did a BTEC. It says there is main examination/assessment period around May/June. I’ve literally looked everywhere on what the exam is going to consist of and how difficult it is because if it is I rather not do this as I know I would probably fail. Anyone who does criminology with any other subject like law
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Nournash)
I am going to study criminology with law and I wanted to know how hard the criminology exam is and how much exams there is on this degree m. I’ve looked on my university website who say that 18.2% of the study time on this course is spent in lectures, seminars, tutorials. You will be taught through seminars and tutorials, group work, practical experience and lectures. I wanted to know if there are loads of exams or if the exams are a massive part of the degree as i just can not do exams. I haven’t don’t exams since GCSE and I hated them so much which is why I did a BTEC. It says there is main examination/assessment period around May/June. I’ve literally looked everywhere on what the exam is going to consist of and how difficult it is because if it is I rather not do this as I know I would probably fail. Anyone who does criminology with any other subject like law
University courses are taught in a style which is modular. Some modules may have exams, but each exam won't count for a huge percentage of the year. Even if a modules has an exam counting for 100% of the module (which is rare), this exam will only be one 8th of your year. Some universities will also hold exams in January too. Exams are different at university a lot of the time. At Keele you can leave the exam hall halfway through if you want. See if you can find specific assessment details about modules online for the universities you're looking at. Or failing that, email the departments asking about the amount of exams.
username4571016
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, thanks for reassuring me I thought the exams would be a huge percentage . I actually looked into each module and found that i will be doing one exam in year one which is fine but just wish it was year 2 so i can prepare my self but nonetheless i will be fine
(Original post by 04MR17)
University courses are taught in a style which is modular. Some modules may have exams, but each exam won't count for a huge percentage of the year. Even if a modules has an exam counting for 100% of the module (which is rare), this exam will only be one 8th of your year. Some universities will also hold exams in January too. Exams are different at university a lot of the time. At Keele you can leave the exam hall halfway through if you want. See if you can find specific assessment details about modules online for the universities you're looking at. Or failing that, email the departments asking about the amount of exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (29)
46.03%
No (16)
25.4%
I'm not old enough (18)
28.57%

Watched Threads