Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Did any one watch this back in the 90s?

I'm talking about the nice, bright and colourful cartoon of the X-Men which had it's first story about the Sentinels and the 'loss' of Morph and not the cartoon that was made following the start of the films.

I loved this series and was hooked from the first episode I saw - every day I would rush upstairs during the summer holiday to watch it on my own and got a little angry if I couldn't be home to watch it. I also remember wishing for every summer/school holiday for the next few years that it'd be on again - sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't.

It was my first introduction to the X-Men world and there were so many great its - the stories about Genosha, the Sentinels, it's take on the Phoenix story, Storm's battle with the Morlocks leader, the stories involving Bishop and the Juggernaut...all brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Yup I watched in and love it

Its one of the reasons that I was so angry with the way that the movies were done. The completely took away any mention of the history of some of the characters. For example

Wolverine/Beast: No mention of the fact that they have known each other for years

Wolversine/lady death strike: No mention of their past love affair and him being the only reason that she got the skeleton.

Nightcrawler/mistique: She is meant to be his mum

Pheonix/Jean grey: where is the emcron crystal :p:

I could go on....

ReputationRep:

Those old cartoons were the best. I loved X-Men.

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8PrvRn...eature=related

WIN!

ReputationRep:
    This, the Spider-Man cartoon which ran with it, and Batman: The Animated Series are some of the best comic-related cartoons ever.

ReputationRep:
    That cartoon was class.

ReputationRep:
    That cartoon was awesome. I remember getting up at stupid O clock on sunday mornings just to watch it. It was my introduction to the X-Men too. For some reason I can only remember that episode where Cyclops loses his visor and ends up having to walk around blind though.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    This, the Spider-Man cartoon which ran with it, and Batman: The Animated Series are some of the best comic-related cartoons ever.
    Never a fan of the Batman cartoon, but Spiderman was great too. Esepcially the couple of occasions where you got X-Men characters appearing in it (I remember one which had boh Wolverine and Storm in it...and possibly Beast too). Can't remember how big their part was though...it might have only been small...

ReputationRep:
    I adored this cartoon as a kid, used to watch it on Fox Kids every night. I think theres a new Wolverine cartoon coming to the BBC in a few months time actually, probably to get the ball rolling on promotion of the Wolverine film coming out next year.

ReputationRep:
    I remember this! It was cool, more comic-booky than the newer one was.

ReputationRep:
    ah that cartoon rocked, best cartoon i watched during my childhood, gambit was just the best

ReputationRep:
    I LOVED IT! I even entered this competition and got like 12 video tapes full of episodes
    I agree with much of the above, knowing all this about their history kinda wrecked the movie, they just started from scratch and ignored all the cartoons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah23)
    ah that cartoon rocked, best cartoon i watched during my childhood, gambit was just the best
    I nearly cried when we got to the end of the 3rd movie and realised he wasn't going to show up at all. They even hinted in film #2 he existed, they just ignored it :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgd291190)
    I nearly cried when we got to the end of the 3rd movie and realised he wasn't going to show up at all. They even hinted in film #2 he existed, they just ignored it :cry:
    Gambit will be in X-Men Origins: Wolverine which comes out next May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodyUK)
    Gambit will be in X-Men Origins: Wolverine which comes out next May.
    :eek: I. Am. Over. The. Freaking. Moon.
    Thank you :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgd291190)
    :eek: I. Am. Over. The. Freaking. Moon.
    Thank you :five:
    You can see some (blurry) images here:

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/07...rost-and-blob/

ReputationRep:
    surprised face - h00ray!!!

Gambit and Deadpool!!

ReputationRep:
    It was so good. Jubilee ftw.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Jubilee? Isn't she pretty useless? Throws a bit of static out of her hands....or have I missed a bigger power for her? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Jubilee? Isn't she pretty useless? Throws a bit of static out of her hands....or have I missed a bigger power for her? :p:
    :eek: :woo:

They were fireworks :puppyeyes:

But, yeah, she was certainly my least favourite. It does seem fairly pointless as a power.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.