The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE HIGHER writing paper (thoughts)

Post your thoughts here about the paper! :smile: Idk, for me personally I didn’t like the 150 words essay options... ://

Scroll to see replies

Meh, ok.
Didn't like the translation but the holiday 90 word was a blessing. Okay all around but completely messed up the translation.
16 marker- Technology and 32 marker- lifestyle was good!
Personally, the translation was ok. I missed a few words such as "industries" and "each other" but hopefully my word order was fine

GCSEs are finally over guys! I hope everyone enjoys their holidays:tongue:

EDIT- missing words:
industries- Industrien/Branchen
each other- einander

OOOOOHHH I changed die Gegend to das Gegend last minute :///// FFFF
(edited 4 years ago)
Wait was the festivals question about music festivals or like Christmas type ones? I think I've ****ed it up
Reply 5
Same man, those things are supposed to be like 16 marker q's.
Original post by Nedraggon
Post your thoughts here about the paper! :smile: Idk, for me personally I didn’t like the 150 words essay options... ://
Reply 6
Guys, I studied global issues hardcore. For the 32 marker I picked health. Is it okay that I said "breathing in pollution is unhealthy." ????
i thought it was pretty good, i didnt know each other tho in the translation
defo made some grammar mistakes because i ended up having to waffle a bit for the 150
Reply 8
Honestly, same. (for the waffling)
Original post by OllyDaws
i thought it was pretty good, i didnt know each other tho in the translation
defo made some grammar mistakes because i ended up having to waffle a bit for the 150
i tried to be so deep for the health one like by saying, its not just about the health its about how sport brings us together lmao
Original post by liaente
Honestly, same. (for the waffling)
Oh my God that's some pure waffley A-Level type abstract thing mate.
Do you think (since I HARDCORE revised global issues) it's okay that I put "breathing in pollution is unhealthy"?
i tried to be so deep for the health one like by saying, its not just about the health its about how sport brings us together lmao
pretty sure
i think the questions were like health and what you will do about it so thats reasonable, i kept going on about sport tho
Original post by liaente
Oh my God that's some pure waffley A-Level type abstract thing mate.
Do you think (since I HARDCORE revised global issues) it's okay that I put "breathing in pollution is unhealthy"?
Thanks mate! Hope you get the grades you want :biggrin:
pretty sure
i think the questions were like health and what you will do about it so thats reasonable, i kept going on about sport tho
thank you, just want a 6 and im happy, hopefully you get your grades
Original post by liaente
Thanks mate! Hope you get the grades you want :biggrin:
:h:
thank you, just want a 6 and im happy, hopefully you get your grades
Original post by liaente
Guys, I studied global issues hardcore. For the 32 marker I picked health. Is it okay that I said "breathing in pollution is unhealthy." ????

I think thats okay just as long as you included what one should do in order to stay healthy

um Fit zu bleiben

what other things did you include for health/ lifestyle?
I talked about diet & fitness.
A paragraph about diet.
A paragraph about fitness.
And a random one about not breathing in pollution.
Original post by Filipina.x
I think thats okay just as long as you included what one should do in order to stay healthy

um Fit zu bleiben

what other things did you include for health/ lifestyle?
Reply 17
how much will it matter that i used mostly the perfect tense for the holiday instead of present :/
I mean it did specify the tenses, but if the examiners are nice I'm sure they'll be lenient enough. You'll get points for content though.
Original post by aweils
how much will it matter that i used mostly the perfect tense for the holiday instead of present :/
Reply 19
It was great! Should get full marks on the writing and 7/8 on translation - I didn't know some of the vocab like 'see each other' and the word for dirty completely slipped my mind but it's all good. Hoping for a 7 but I really doubt I'm going to get it :frown:
Original post by Nedraggon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending