The Student Room Group

Essay topic ?

I just did a discursive essay for nat 5 English. Do you think it would be ok to use the same topic but change it to a persuasive essay for my higher English? Would that be plagiarism?
Reply 1
i think u would be able to do that as long as u aren't using the same information on it
Original post by ravenshill
I just did a discursive essay for nat 5 English. Do you think it would be ok to use the same topic but change it to a persuasive essay for my higher English? Would that be plagiarism?

It's fine to use the same topic, providing it's something that you can write about in sufficient depth for it to be at Higher level.
Original post by ravenshill

Same topic should be fine as long as the content (your words/ideas/sentences etc) aren't the same. That said, I might recommend doing a discursive essay over a persuasive one for Higher as it generally displays a higher level of skill as well as sensitivity to the topic and the problems associated with it.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending