Essay topic ? Watch

ravenshill
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I just did a discursive essay for nat 5 English. Do you think it would be ok to use the same topic but change it to a persuasive essay for my higher English? Would that be plagiarism?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i think u would be able to do that as long as u aren't using the same information on it
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ravenshill)
I just did a discursive essay for nat 5 English. Do you think it would be ok to use the same topic but change it to a persuasive essay for my higher English? Would that be plagiarism?
It's fine to use the same topic, providing it's something that you can write about in sufficient depth for it to be at Higher level.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ravenshill)
Same topic should be fine as long as the content (your words/ideas/sentences etc) aren't the same. That said, I might recommend doing a discursive essay over a persuasive one for Higher as it generally displays a higher level of skill as well as sensitivity to the topic and the problems associated with it.
Last edited by Quick-use; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish