The Student Room Group

ALS course

Hi. I needed some tips on the ALS course. I'll be taking it in the end of July. I'm an F2 level doctor.
Thank you.
Original post by Mirmina
Hi. I needed some tips on the ALS course. I'll be taking it in the end of July. I'm an F2 level doctor.
Thank you.

Make sure you read the course manual beforehand. Maybe watch a few videos online if you're worried about the performance aspect of it?

I don't really enjoy these kind of courses where you have to "act" in front of strangers, but I got through it fine and I'm sure you will too!
Definitely read the course manual beforehand as everything you need will be in there as well as the answers to the MCQs.
Unless this is something you know you struggle with, I can't imagine you'd be at risk of failing as an FY2. Nurses might due to the ECG component and lack of familiarity with this kind of course, but doctors who have been through ILS/ALERT etc before should be fine. I certainly didn't do any preparation.
Reply 4
I assume when you say 'F2 level' that you are an IMG?
Reply 5
Yes.
Original post by Democracy
Make sure you read the course manual beforehand. Maybe watch a few videos online if you're worried about the performance aspect of it?

I don't really enjoy these kind of courses where you have to "act" in front of strangers, but I got through it fine and I'm sure you will too!

Isn’t the online part with the videos a compulsory part of the course now? It was on mine, where you watch the same video over and over and over.........
Just read the book and turn up. The course isn't designed to have people fail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending