Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I have an .mp4 file that came from a mac *curses* and want it in a format such as avi, so it can be edited in windows movie maker - it needs rotating.

Freeware conversion tool is basically what I want, though if the tool can rotate as well, that would be an added bonus!

Thanks in advance!

I'll post the youtube link when it's been converted and rotated!

ReputationRep:
    VLC might be able to do it with its built in tool.

ReputationRep:
    Try this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...4Cam2AVI.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumbald)
    VLC might be able to do it with its built in tool.
    Could you tell me exactly how to use VLC to do that please? Been using VLC for a while because it's fantastic - opens virtually everything, but I never knew it could convert as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Try this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...4Cam2AVI.shtml
    Tried it, but the output file didn't seem to want to run in windows movie maker!

ReputationRep:
    http://wiki.videolan.org/Play_on_IPod

Same principle but change the output settings

ReputationRep:
    mpeg streamclip can do it I think

ReputationRep:
    Did you select 'show all files' when trying to find the file in WMM? I've used mp4cam2avi many times and I've never had any problems editing the subsequent vido file on WMM.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Windows Movie Maker could see the file fine, and begins to import it, and then comes up with a message saying -

" The file C:\Documents and Settings\Rastaman\My Documents\VideoOut.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again. "

It's just an avi, so not sure why it won't open, it's rather strange!

Edit: WMP will open it, but no sound, and picture quality is awful, compared to the original!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtid)
    mpeg streamclip can do it I think
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be able to open any video file without crashing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rastaman25)
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be able to open any video file without crashing...
    Really? I use it all the time for converting M2T files to whatever I need and it works fine...although I haven't used it to convert any other file types admittedly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtid)
    Really? I use it all the time for converting M2T files to whatever I need and it works fine...although I haven't used it to convert any other file types admittedly.
    Really, it's a bugger. Still not managed to find a way yet, I'll have a go with the VLC later methinks.

ReputationRep:
    www.zamzar.com all online, and free

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.