Tuition fee question. Watch

Lilurobbo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

Back in 2008 I earned a certificate of higher education as I started a foundation degree course funded by my employer. I only did the first year hence the cert HE.

I now want to do a full foundation degree which I’ve been accepted to do but I’m expecting the application to be declined even though it’s my first student loan as the level of education is the same level as the CERT HE for the first year. Any experience of this? Any advice?

Thanks!
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lilurobbo)
Hi,

Back in 2008 I earned a certificate of higher education as I started a foundation degree course funded by my employer. I only did the first year hence the cert HE.

I now want to do a full foundation degree which I’ve been accepted to do but I’m expecting the application to be declined even though it’s my first student loan as the level of education is the same level as the CERT HE for the first year. Any experience of this? Any advice?

Thanks!
Hi there,

A Foundation Degree is a higher level qualification than a Certificate of Higher Education, so you could potentially be eligible for funding.

Please confirm the following in order to determine your eligibility:
-Your course details – university, course name, level of qualification, length of course and start date.
-Your age.
-Your nationality, current status in the UK (if applicable) and where you have been living for the past 5 years.
-How many years of previous study you have in higher education.
-Your highest level of qualification.

Thanks, Ashley.
Lilurobbo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Ashley

I have written back to SFE to clarify my highest level of education. The highest level is a Cert HE in Business Management. The new course is an FDA in Birth And Beyond at Worcester Uni. With an option to top up to a full BA(Hons) in a 3rd year.

I’ve always been located in the UK (born here) and I’ve never had student finance before.

Thanks
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi there,

A Foundation Degree is a higher level qualification than a Certificate of Higher Education, so you could potentially be eligible for funding.

Please confirm the following in order to determine your eligibility:
-Your course details – university, course name, level of qualification, length of course and start date.
-Your age.
-Your nationality, current status in the UK (if applicable) and where you have been living for the past 5 years.
-How many years of previous study you have in higher education.
-Your highest level of qualification.

Thanks, Ashley.
Graeme SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Okay - based on this, you should be fine to apply for funding. Do you know when the course will start?

Warm regards, Graeme
Hi Ashley

I have written back to SFE to clarify my highest level of education. The highest level is a Cert HE in Business Management. The new course is an FDA in Birth And Beyond at Worcester Uni. With an option to top up to a full BA(Hons) in a 3rd year.

I’ve always been located in the UK (born here) and I’ve never had student finance before.

Thanks
Lilurobbo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This September. And run for 2 years with an option to do a 3rd year to top up.
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Hi,

Okay - based on this, you should be fine to apply for funding. Do you know when the course will start?

Warm regards, Graeme
Graeme SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's great - in this case, we'd suggest that you login to your online account and make an application as soon as you can. If you have any questions about this process, please let us know.

Warm regards, Graeme
This September. And run for 2 years with an option to do a 3rd year to top up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby