Question to those studying primary PGCE! Watch

YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What was your undergraduate degree? If your undergraduate degree didn’t relate to the national curriculum, did you find it difficult to get accepted onto a PGCE course? Lots of unis say that they prefer your undergraduate degree to be related to the national curriculum which is a little worrying since I’ll be doing Japanese... Is it impossible for me to get accepted onto a PGCE primary course? :/ Thanks!
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Moved to Teacher Training, Teaching and Education Jobs forum, as you are likely to get more specific responses here.
bwilliams
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
What was your undergraduate degree? If your undergraduate degree didn’t relate to the national curriculum, did you find it difficult to get accepted onto a PGCE course? Lots of unis say that they prefer your undergraduate degree to be related to the national curriculum which is a little worrying since I’ll be doing Japanese... Is it impossible for me to get accepted onto a PGCE primary course? :/ Thanks!
You won’t struggle. Primary languages links to the curriculum. You’re studying a language which means you will understand other language features which links to English. I work with someone who has an undergraduate degree in film production who then did a PGCE.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bwilliams)
You won’t struggle. Primary languages links to the curriculum. You’re studying a language which means you will understand other language features which links to English. I work with someone who has an undergraduate degree in film production who then did a PGCE.
Sure, but Japanese isn't really a 'primary language' like French or Spanish, which is a little worrying... Hearing about your friend's success has made me feel a little less worried though. Did their PGCE relate to film production (eg secondary media PGCE or something like that) or was it a primary PGCE? Thanks for replying
bwilliams
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
Sure, but Japanese isn't really a 'primary language' like French or Spanish, which is a little worrying... Hearing about your friend's success has made me feel a little less worried though. Did their PGCE relate to film production (eg secondary media PGCE or something like that) or was it a primary PGCE? Thanks for replying
Nope, PGCE Primary.

For your own knowledge - Spanish and French are not ‘primary languages’. In KS2, any modern or ancient language can be taught. I’ve seen Latin taught as well as mandarin.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads