Yasuda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What was your undergraduate degree? If your undergraduate degree didn’t relate to the national curriculum, did you find it difficult to get accepted onto a PGCE course? Lots of unis say that they prefer your undergraduate degree to be related to the national curriculum which is a little worrying since I’ll be doing Japanese... Is it impossible for me to get accepted onto a PGCE primary course? :/ Thanks!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Teacher Training, Teaching and Education Jobs forum, as you are likely to get more specific responses here.
bwilliams
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
What was your undergraduate degree? If your undergraduate degree didn’t relate to the national curriculum, did you find it difficult to get accepted onto a PGCE course? Lots of unis say that they prefer your undergraduate degree to be related to the national curriculum which is a little worrying since I’ll be doing Japanese... Is it impossible for me to get accepted onto a PGCE primary course? :/ Thanks!
You won’t struggle. Primary languages links to the curriculum. You’re studying a language which means you will understand other language features which links to English. I work with someone who has an undergraduate degree in film production who then did a PGCE.
Yasuda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by bwilliams)
You won’t struggle. Primary languages links to the curriculum. You’re studying a language which means you will understand other language features which links to English. I work with someone who has an undergraduate degree in film production who then did a PGCE.
Sure, but Japanese isn't really a 'primary language' like French or Spanish, which is a little worrying... Hearing about your friend's success has made me feel a little less worried though. Did their PGCE relate to film production (eg secondary media PGCE or something like that) or was it a primary PGCE? Thanks for replying
bwilliams
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
Sure, but Japanese isn't really a 'primary language' like French or Spanish, which is a little worrying... Hearing about your friend's success has made me feel a little less worried though. Did their PGCE relate to film production (eg secondary media PGCE or something like that) or was it a primary PGCE? Thanks for replying
Nope, PGCE Primary.

For your own knowledge - Spanish and French are not ‘primary languages’. In KS2, any modern or ancient language can be taught. I’ve seen Latin taught as well as mandarin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (100)
22.42%
No (346)
77.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed