?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Guys how was it?
Elisamary30
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought I did really well especially on one of the essays, and I was feeling quite confident, until about 5 mins left of the exam when I was checking it and realised I misunderstood the question and my entire answer was irrelevant. So that’s an entire 50 marks gone. How did you find it?
cardibardi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Oh noooooo I am very sorry about that, but maybe you will get marks for grammatical structures, accuracy of language and etc. I think it was ok, how did u find the translation?
The Big D
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, don't worry! As cardibardi said, you will get marks for everything unrelated to the question. If your answer was irrelevant, you will only have lost 20 marks for the "critical and analytical response", but the other 30 are still attainable. If you felt it was a good essay then you could quand même have done ok. In that 30, it's 20 marks for "range of grammatical structures and vocabulary", and 10 for "accuracy of language".

And even if your answer was only slightly related to the question, you will still get marks for content. The spec says: up to 4 marks for "response relates to the work, but limited focus on the question".
(Original post by Elisamary30)
I thought I did really well especially on one of the essays, and I was feeling quite confident, until about 5 mins left of the exam when I was checking it and realised I misunderstood the question and my entire answer was irrelevant. So that’s an entire 50 marks gone. How did you find it?
Elisamary30
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aww thank you sooo much for this, I’ve literally been crying all day thinking I don’t even have a chance in passing that exam, but this made me feel a lot better
(Original post by The Big D)
Hi, don't worry! As cardibardi said, you will get marks for everything unrelated to the question. If your answer was irrelevant, you will only have lost 20 marks for the "critical and analytical response", but the other 30 are still attainable. If you felt it was a good essay then you could quand même have done ok. In that 30, it's 20 marks for "range of grammatical structures and vocabulary", and 10 for "accuracy of language".

And even if your answer was only slightly related to the question, you will still get marks for content. The spec says: up to 4 marks for "response relates to the work, but limited focus on the question".
Elisamary30
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the translation was decent but not easier than last year. What did you think about it ?
(Original post by cardibardi)
Oh noooooo I am very sorry about that, but maybe you will get marks for grammatical structures, accuracy of language and etc. I think it was ok, how did u find the translation?
The Big D
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Here are the things that I can remember from the exam overall:
Translation:
Music has been important in the lives of many people. When I was at school, my teachers wanted me to learn to play a musical instrument, but I didn't have the patience or ability to progress. I gave up, a decision I have always regretted. However, I quickly discovered American jazz singers and the English bands of the sixties, and I have liked many types of music since then. Today, it is rap and hip-hop that young people appreciate. In France, young people tend to listen to Anglo-Saxon artists, despite the government's efforts to promote French music.

Questions; Marcel Pagnol, Le Château de ma mère:
Examinez l’évolution de l’amitié de Marcel et Lili, en dépit des différences qui les séparent. (I answered this)
Examinez cette œuvre en tant que témoignage d’un temps révolu.

Questions; Molière, Le Tartuffe:
Explorez Orgon comme le personnage le plus critiqué de la pièce. (I answered this)
Examinez l’idée suivante: il faut voir Le Tartuffe sur scène pour l’apprécier entièrement.

Interestingly, I had found example papers in the AS sample assessment materials with very very similar questions, and had written the essays beforehand...
The Big D
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What I reckon was trickiest in the translation was "my teachers wanted me to learn to play a musical instrument" being "mes professeurs voulaient que je joue d'un instrument de musique", and the nationality adjectives having small letters.
cardibardi
Rep:
?
Btw, how did ya’ll find paper 1?
annabelleneal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! Can anyone remember if they did Intouchables or L'etranger, what the questions were? Got my mock tomorrow and super nervous
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.91%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.82%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.18%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.45%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.36%

Watched Threads