Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am 15 years old, but on the last friday of this month I would have legally left school.

The law actually states that anyone can work full time from the last friday of june in the academic year you turn 16. This applies to me as this academic year is the year I turn 16.

Im not 16 to august but that is irrelevant surely?

ReputationRep:
    It's usually down to the policies of individual employers. A few in my area will employ part time staff from 14/15, yet some wait until the person is 16. So phone up some of the places you're interested in and see what they say.
    Edit: The law that you're quoting actually only applies to full time work, because up until the last Friday of June of year 11, people are legally required to be in full time education.

ReputationRep:
    I thikn you are allowed. Do you have national insurance number? I'm in Yr `11, (was 16 in sept) and treid apllying for toys r us sainsbury's etc last summer. they said wait till end of june. I would apply now, you won't get an interview for about two weeks.. try retaurants of places like pizza hut of mcdonald's if ur unsure about age, but i have a friend who works at boots (her bday is spet 91 like me), but they don't care about the end of june rule. I think u shud b ok, despite still being 15.
    I perosnally work in a newsagent. He employs 15 year olds on the till all the time

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.