What about? You're question is too general
charlotte.b848
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Cheesybread)
What about? You're question is too general
Anything really, just curious as to what goes on, what to avoid, stuff like that
Chrisx1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The best piece of advice I can give you is stay healthy! I can't strees this enough but the chances of becoming ill (yes not just a simple cold) are x3 than in an ordinary school/college/sixth-form. I got sick and it lasted about a month before I got rid of it completely.
(Original post by charlotte.b848)
Any advice for freshers week!?
Cheesybread
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I were you be open, sign up to things that you actually want to do. I ended singing up for loads of rubbish things. There will be a lot of nights out, so try and go to them, and in my freshers week I only went out with my flatmates, which I would say until you make other friends. It's just a lot of people having fun. Try and embrace it, you'll soon discover if it's your thing or not, but given that this is when Uni's offer sign ups for societies and stuff, go to them as they are useful, and you can make lots of friends that way
Anything really, just curious as to what goes on, what to avoid, stuff like that
charlotte.b848
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chrisx1)
The best piece of advice I can give you is stay healthy! I can't strees this enough but the chances of becoming ill (yes not just a simple cold) are x3 than in an ordinary school/college/sixth-form. I got sick and it lasted about a month before I got rid of it completely.
Cheers, I'll try!
charlotte.b848
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cheesybread)
If I were you be open, sign up to things that you actually want to do. I ended singing up for loads of rubbish things. There will be a lot of nights out, so try and go to them, and in my freshers week I only went out with my flatmates, which I would say until you make other friends. It's just a lot of people having fun. Try and embrace it, you'll soon discover if it's your thing or not, but given that this is when Uni's offer sign ups for societies and stuff, go to them as they are useful, and you can make lots of friends that way
Great thank you, I do want to sign up to societies but not overload myself
leopard202
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I advise you to stay alert, and if you want to get drunk, make sure you're with people you kinda trust or have a friend who's got your back. Most sexual assault cases at uni happen during freshers week (and other events too but many then), not always as bad as rapes but girls i know have been filmed giving BJs or having sex without knowing, had sex with pretty much unconscious (almost rape), been hooked up with cause a guy was dared to pull them, and all sorts. Just have wits about you is all I'm saying and don't feel pressured into being sexual if you don't really want to.

Another thing is when many girls at my uni realised how many calories are in alcohol they started to stop eating to make room for drinking, so they could also save money and get the effect more easily, it led to eating disorders and alcohol poisoning etc.

I know it's exciting and fun but remember to take care of yourself!

Any advice for freshers week!?
leopard202
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean most of the sexual cases at *my * uni happened then i think
charlotte.b848
Rep:
?
(Original post by leopard202)
I advise you to stay alert, and if you want to get drunk, make sure you're with people you kinda trust or have a friend who's got your back. Most sexual assault cases at uni happen during freshers week (and other events too but many then), not always as bad as rapes but girls i know have been filmed giving BJs or having sex without knowing, had sex with pretty much unconscious (almost rape), been hooked up with cause a guy was dared to pull them, and all sorts. Just have wits about you is all I'm saying and don't feel pressured into being sexual if you don't really want to.

Another thing is when many girls at my uni realised how many calories are in alcohol they started to stop eating to make room for drinking, so they could also save money and get the effect more easily, it led to eating disorders and alcohol poisoning etc.

I know it's exciting and fun but remember to take care of yourself!

Yeh I've heard a bit about that, I'll be careful. As with the alcohol, I always eat before drinking so I don't pass out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?