The Student Room Group

Offer for ITT - does this constitute a contract with provider?

Hi I have an offer to study on PGCE and have received an email saying thatat I must reply to the provider by such and such date and that "When you accept an offer of a place on a training programme, a contract will be made between you and your chosen training provider".
Can I ask, if I accept, and let's say that I decide before the course starts, to pull out (I have some reservations), can I do this, and what would be the implications if any?
Does accepting a place constitute an unbreakable contract?
Thank you!
You can pull out before the course starts without any penalty. The contract is more to do with you understanding the conditions of your offer, and the uni/ITT provider promising to offer you a place.

If you share your worries/reservations on here, people might be able to give you some good advice about them. In general, I would say listen to your reservations- ITT is a really tough year, and if your heart isn't really in it, you may end up dropping out, which can have financial penalties.
Reply 2
Hi there, thank you so much for your reply.
It's really helpful. I really need some opinions of NQTs about how they found their first year after teacher training as this is what I am concerned about - mainly the workload, the ongoing criticism and other issues like lack of support that I have read about - I would be leaving a decent job with decent pay and would be taking a pay cut so financially I would have something to loose for the short term at least - the course I have been offered a place on is excellent as is the course provider - I have always wanted to teach and love my subject but some reservations are creeping in......if anyone has experienced a year of teaching English at secondary level following from ITT it would be great to hear some views....many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending