The Student Room Group

****-eye insecurity

How Can I cope and overcome a life-long issue?
I’ll try attaching pictures for better illustration but it appears I have a squint or strabismus or any other name which it’s known by (lazy-eye) in both eyes. My left has a slight exptropic and happens less frequently (mainly due to tiredness) and my right has a mild inverted tilt which is more apparent and frequent. This could weigh up for a rather hideous outcome and has caused me to be very socially anxious. I use many methods to hide my issue like scrunching my eyes up or adopting angles as opposed to direct viewing in conversations. It’s got to a point in which I can no longer carry on and surgery is a 80% certainty in the future.
I’m wondering if there are any other options or if there are any other individuals who suffer in the same way and if so what are your coping strategies and how have you made the most of the bad hand you’ve been dealt with.
Reply 1
I suffer from a lazy eye in one eye and after constantly asking the opticians for referrals I finally received treatment which has helped boost my confidence massively. I got Botox (a small injection) into my problematic eye and after a week or two the effects were drastic and not only could I control it, I also stopped feeling it going off.
Reply 2
botox? Ive never heard of that as a solution. I talked to my opticians and they didn't really say anything on the matter just the technicalities, Ill do some research on it and see but i could do with a confidence boost. Thank you
Original post by molly53
I suffer from a lazy eye in one eye and after constantly asking the opticians for referrals I finally received treatment which has helped boost my confidence massively. I got Botox (a small injection) into my problematic eye and after a week or two the effects were drastic and not only could I control it, I also stopped feeling it going off.

Quick Reply

Latest