Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen that facebook group about some dude who supposedly starved a dog to death in a art gallery as some form of wierd art?

well aparantly it wasnt true but i just thought it was quite funny that half the comments of the animal rights types were along the lines of:

HE SHOULD DIE A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH!?!?!?!

because if you think about it, they wouldnt advocate torturing to death someone who murdered a person, but since he commited an act of cruelty to an animal he deserves not only the death penalty, but also a cruel and unusual execution style. Sort of wierd set of values there yes?

Granted if it he truely starved a dog to death in such circumstances its not really on because its unessacary and yea pretty much cruel, but at the same time advocating his execution is a tad silly...

ReputationRep:
    did he actually do it? i read on wiki the dog didnt starve to death in the art gallery....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    He did it to show that people were hypocrites and nobody cared about starving dogs on the streets. He didn't torture the dog anyway.
    if he did or didnt actually do it, the hypothetical notion of starving to death isn't torture to you?

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference from the comments you make on a Facebook group and what you'd seriously advocate.

ReputationRep:
    no but they are a reflection of the animal rights lobby as a whole. Whenever the topic comes up you always get the wierdo militant types chowing on about how "the scientist should have acid put in his eyes" or whatever. Groups such as ALF are the epitiome of this skewed perception of reality.

The idea of Animal welfare is a much more balanced and practiaclly applicable ideology...

ReputationRep:
    I think aminals have the right not to be tortured or killed for sport, and the law protects them form that, but it does not give them rights.What is animal rights people may ask? Peta is animals rights, which is no farm animals or pets or anything kind of human animal relationship.There goal is complete animal liberation.Starving a dog to death is very cruel, but i cant understand how aniaml rights comes into it.
    People mix animals rights with animal cruelty when they are differnt things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiouslyorange1989)
    has anyone seen that facebook group about some dude who supposedly starved a dog to death in a art gallery as some form of wierd art?

well aparantly it wasnt true but i just thought it was quite funny that half the comments of the animal rights types were along the lines of:

HE SHOULD DIE A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH!?!?!?!

because if you think about it, they wouldnt advocate torturing to death someone who murdered a person, but since he commited an act of cruelty to an animal he deserves not only the death penalty, but also a cruel and unusual execution style. Sort of wierd set of values there yes?

Granted if it he truely starved a dog to death in such circumstances its not really on because its unessacary and yea pretty much cruel, but at the same time advocating his execution is a tad silly...
    As MSB said, what people say on a facebook group is completely different to what they would do in real life. Having said that, whenever I see that an animal or a person has been treated abysmally, I do think that the person responsible should be dealt with, sometimes in a cruel manner but it does depend on what they've done.

no but they are a reflection of the animal rights lobby as a whole. Whenever the topic comes up you always get the wierdo militant types chowing on about how "the scientist should have acid put in his eyes" or whatever. Groups such as ALF are the epitiome of this skewed perception of reality.

The idea of Animal welfare is a much more balanced and practiaclly applicable ideology...
    I would agree with you on this. I think animal welfare is a far better view point. I would like to see animals treated better (well, to be fair, I'd like to see a lot of people being treated better too) but the kind of extreme actions by the animal rights activists only makes things worse in my opinion. All it does is convince everyone that anyone who steps up to say something about animal cruelty is an unbalanced nutjob.

My two penny worth anyway

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.