Family problems Watch

shobe03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! my name is Shobe (weird name I know) and I need some advice about my family situation right now. I'm currently near the end of A-level course in year 12 and when my AP (Academic Performances) came my grades were bad which meant that I am struggling with my A-levels subjects since I am not a child who is good at taking exams and remembering stuff, so I really want to tell my parents that I should do B-tech and repeat year 12 in another college instead of repeating year 12 with A-levels again because I already failed it. But the main problem would be the fact that when I say I want to do B-tech and re do a year they'll say that they are not disappointed but you can tell from the way they look at each other and the way they act around me when I say this. and they are the type of parents that say they are open minded and that their children could openly talk to them. BUT I am scared of the fact that I will disappoint them and they'll stop talking to me and never act the same way as before I was doing my A-levels. And so, I do not know what to do anymore. should I just bottle it up inside me or come out straight to them and then basically live out my day with parents full of disappointment? also they think that I could do A-levels all because my sister did the same thing and got 2 A's and 1 B and my sister as well thinks the same way. when I myself think that I cannot do it and I cannot just revise and revise and do an exam. So I really need advice on how to say this things to them ASAP. Thank you for your time.
foilboot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you know what career you want to get into?
shobe03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It's Cyber crime and investigation course
(Original post by foilboot)
Do you know what career you want to get into?
foilboot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shobe03)
It's Cyber crime and investigation course
If you look at this link for example, you'll see that it is a graduate program. Most courses require that you get a bachelors in computer science and for you to have worked in law enforement. If you're struggling at A-levels, then BTEC is a good thing to consider but it is also important that you're actually able to do well. Sounds harsh but these kind of jobs do require you to memorise a lot of things, so you do have to be good at that. It doesn't matter much if you do BTEC as long as you're able to get into a decent university.

If you seriously think that A-levels aren't right for you, then you're going to have to be brave and tell them that you're going to do BTEC. Most parents would be completely supportive regardless, and I'm sure your parents would too. Your second choice is for you to train yourself to become better at A-levels and get used to revising and doing exams. Keep in mind that you will have to memorise/study and take exams in university as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads