Is this cheating? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Right so I’m in year 10 and at the moment we are doing exams, they are set up like real gcse exams, they are basically mocks of the mocks. Anyways I’ve done a few exams so far and I did my science one today, that’s when I realised I could google the answers to the exam I just did to see how I did because I did terribly. That’s when I found the questions to my other science exams, well the other science GCSEs from last year and I realised that for the next ones I could just memorise the answers from the mark scheme assuming this is my exam do you think I would get in trouble. I know I can’t do this in my actual GCSEs but I really don’t want to do badly.

It’s a funny one because I could just say that I revised past exams which is a form of revision which is encouraged, and they are public directly from AQAs website so anyone can view it so it’s not like I’m sneaking around and should not have that paper/test.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mmessenger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This gives you no information about how you will cope with the problem-solving in the actual exams. It makes you think you are further on in your learning than you are. It makes it a waste of your time to do the mock. The point is to have a 'dress rehearsal' for the real thing.
n dog
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It might be tempting but please don't. Teachers won't know how to help you if you get full marks on topics you know you'll do badly on.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Right so I’m in year 10 and at the moment we are doing exams, they are set up like real gcse exams, they are basically mocks of the mocks. Anyways I’ve done a few exams so far and I did my science one today, that’s when I realised I could google the answers to the exam I just did to see how I did because I did terribly. That’s when I found the questions to my other science exams, well the other science GCSEs from last year and I realised that for the next ones I could just memorise the answers from the mark scheme assuming this is my exam do you think I would get in trouble. I know I can’t do this in my actual GCSEs but I really don’t want to do badly.

It’s a funny one because I could just say that I revised past exams which is a form of revision which is encouraged, and they are public directly from AQAs website so anyone can view it so it’s not like I’m sneaking around and should not have that paper/test.
AgentSG
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't look at the answers, just prepare for the questions without the aid of the mark scheme.
FTheOpps
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did this in yr 10, depends on how far behind you are. If you would be getting 2s or similar, do it if it will make your parents happy. Contrary to what others say, you have loads of time to revise and learn the content. Also, by memorising the answers, you do learn some things. Do not cheat of your yr 11 mocks because they give you an accurate representation of how you would do if you took the exam at that time, having known the majority of the content.

Edit: Also, lots of people did it, and the teachers knew. Some were pissed, some thought it was okay as it counts as revision, and some didn't care. It depends on your teacher, so assess whether you should continue to do it in accordance with that. And for the love of God don't be stupid about it and give yourself full marks - they'll know. One stupid girl wrote down the entire mark scheme for the 6 marker lol.
Last edited by FTheOpps; 1 month ago
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's not "cheating" exactly as they're not real GCSEs but it's also just not productive at all to look at the answers before the mocks. The real exam will really throw you if you keep looking at the past mark schemes as they'll be so different from any of the mocks - you're going into mocks knowing the answers yet have no idea what will appear in the real exam.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
thats just a waste. the purpose of mocks is to see how you might do if that was ur real exam. instead of memerising the answers, do something more beneficial like revising the content instead because trust me it will be more useful for ur real exams where u cant rely on finding the paper before...
its not a good habit to start, dont make ur mock results a lie because theres no point u got ur real ones in a year which isnt that long at all unless u make the most of it. by all means revise from past papers, but dont rely on it to do good in ur mocks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
teehahkiwi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

it technically is cheating and you're wasting your mocks. they are incredibly important so refrain from doing this for other exams. trial and error is best way
GetGradenines
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

if your school (like mine) is lazy and uses past papers as mocks, and you find them and know the answers to them, it isn't cheating. Cheating is sharing answers in the exam hall, or writing answers on your hands
GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by teehahkiwi)
it technically is cheating and you're wasting your mocks. they are incredibly important so refrain from doing this for other exams. trial and error is best way
it isn't cheating, it is being smart and not revising for stupid year 10 mocks that mean anything to you college or sixth form, they only care about your december mocks for you predicted grades, and your GCSEs that is all.
n dog
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This sounds like it's coming from a year 10...
It's not smart. if it was, stupid people wouldn't do it.
(Original post by GetGradenines)
it isn't cheating, it is being smart and not revising for stupid year 10 mocks that mean anything to you college or sixth form, they only care about your december mocks for you predicted grades, and your GCSEs that is all.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Oof. Well, I was pretty bad at maths and I did the same thing as you in year 10. I looked at the checklist and just found an exam paper that evolved around the whole list. My teacher was so pissed because she knew I "cheated" and she indirected me in the whole class. I got the highest mark so, oof.
No, don't do it man. Even if you get shiet grades. Honessssstly it just makes you lazy if you do it consistently.
Yah do the past paper exams but like...don't memorise it, ya know?

GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
//';vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
(Original post by n dog)
This sounds like it's coming from a year 10...
It's not smart. if it was, stupid people wouldn't do it.
im moving to year 12, i aced my maths exam. Teachers are lazy as hell. Also, who said you have to ace the exam. just get a good grade, like a 7, or get 1 grade higher than you usually do, then nobody will question it, and you don't have to revise for these exams that don't mean anything.

if you think year 10 mocks mean anything - you are a brainwashed person. Why waste year 10 stressing - you can cover the whole maths spec in like 10 hours if you use maths genie. No need to be a genius to get a good grade.
n dog
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Little child just did his GCSE's and thinks he'll do well. Very well done. Not everyone is a self proclaimed maths genius. 10 hours isn't enough to learn 2 years worth of content dumb ass. Cheating isn't helping anyone, seem like the kinda guy/girl to cheat on November papers because they're too hard
//';vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

im moving to year 12, i aced my maths exam. Teachers are lazy as hell. Also, who said you have to ace the exam. just get a good grade, like a 7, or get 1 grade higher than you usually do, then nobody will question it, and you don't have to revise for these exams that don't mean anything.

if you think year 10 mocks mean anything - you are a brainwashed person. Why waste year 10 stressing - you can cover the whole maths spec in like 10 hours if you use maths genie. No need to be a genius to get a good grade.
Tigergirl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess cheating isn't the right word but you would have an advantage over others and it wouldn't be fair. Most teachers at my school say it is completely obvious if you are writing what the mark scheme says. These are year 10 mocks at the end of the day, even if you don't get the scores you want at least you know what to work on.
GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by n dog)
Little child just did his GCSE's and thinks he'll do well. Very well done. Not everyone is a self proclaimed maths genius. 10 hours isn't enough to learn 2 years worth of content dumb ass. Cheating isn't helping anyone, seem like the kinda guy/girl to cheat on November papers because they're too hard
lmao, little child, im bigger than you and smarter than you, you wouldn't survive out of your school playground. Funny that you assumed i am a guy and then said guy/girl after. "2 years of content" lmao if you think you can't study for a GCSE exam in a single day.

You are one of them salty kids who bang out for their exams and get a grade 6. Don't worry, McDonalds accepts everyone
n dog
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know this may be hard to break to you but your gender isn't going to help the thread starter solve their dilemma. Sure you can study for a GCSE exam in a single day. It's not very hard, but it won't mean you will do well. They say they did "terribly" on a paper. Cheating won't resolve this issue. You're being very immature being hurling insults. Get grade nines is a weird name, if you do **** will you change it?
Good luck on results day my friend. You're gonna need it.
lmao, little child, im bigger than you and smarter than you, you wouldn't survive out of your school playground. Funny that you assumed i am a guy and then said guy/girl after. "2 years of content" lmao if you think you can't study for a GCSE exam in a single day.

You are one of them salty kids who bang out for their exams and get a grade 6. Don't worry, McDonalds accepts everyone
GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by n dog)
I know this may be hard to break to you but your gender isn't going to help the thread starter solve their dilemma. Sure you can study for a GCSE exam in a single day. It's not very hard, but it won't mean you will do well. They say they did "terribly" on a paper. Cheating won't resolve this issue. You're being very immature being hurling insults. Get grade nines is a weird name, if you do **** will you change it?
Good luck on results day my friend. You're gonna need it.
lmao, GCSEs are ez, if banged out like you bots did i would get all 9s, but i had a life, so i did a little more than what i needed to get into my sixth form.
I'm a guy if that helps - although it probably doesn't since it is 2019, so i might as well identify as a girl so i can get paid to sit at home and eat like a pig all day for 9 months
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (139)
61.23%
No (88)
38.77%

Watched Threads