Turn on thread page Beta

I've just left year 11.

In year 7 and 8 at school i was a little ****, I went around in a group with some other people and we'd be idiots, at one point i was "bullying" some kid. However this was due to the fact that i was also bullied :3

Anyway, throughout year 7 and 8 i was really judgmental of people, IE i would base my opinion of people on the stereotype they fitted into.

In year 9 i started talking to this girl, I'd "known" here for a while but I'd always hated her because she was "Emo" or whatever. Then after i started to talk to her she basically changed me, i no longer judge people on their "Stereotype" and although i doubt i show it, i think totally different, thanks to her.

We were best friends for a while, we'd talk loads and she'd tell me everything and I'd tell her everything, anyway after about a year of friendship we had some stupid argument which i caused and then we never spoke again.

Ever since then I've never forgotten how much of an awesome person she was and how much i liked her, I'd often think about her and stuff.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago she spoke to me for the first time in ages, I'd always been planning to tell her how much i missed her and how sorry i was, but i never had the balls to do it. Anyway, she told me how much she missed me and how much she regretted us falling out and i told her i felt the same.

Anyway, it's back to how it used to be, in a way, we talk a lot.

Now my problem is, i really like her, not like, but really like her. She's a great person and I love talking to her, but i don't think she feels the same way, she probably likes me as a friend still, but nothing more.

How do i go about talking to her without ruining the friendship we've just managed to get back. Should i just not mention how much i like her, or wait and see if she feels the same way or what?

This post probably makes little sense, i just need to vent

Please keep anon.

ReputationRep:
    Aww this is such a nice situation. I'm sure she probably does feel the same way. You should go for it! Sounds like it could be something great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've just left year 11.

In year 7 and 8 at school i was a little ****, I went around in a group with some other people and we'd be idiots, at one point i was "bullying" some kid. However this was due to the fact that i was also bullied :3

Anyway, throughout year 7 and 8 i was really judgmental of people, IE i would base my opinion of people on the stereotype they fitted into.

In year 9 i started talking to this girl, I'd "known" here for a while but I'd always hated her because she was "Emo" or whatever. Then after i started to talk to her she basically changed me, i no longer judge people on their "Stereotype" and although i doubt i show it, i think totally different, thanks to her.

We were best friends for a while, we'd talk loads and she'd tell me everything and I'd tell her everything, anyway after about a year of friendship we had some stupid argument which i caused and then we never spoke again.

Ever since then I've never forgotten how much of an awesome person she was and how much i liked her, I'd often think about her and stuff.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago she spoke to me for the first time in ages, I'd always been planning to tell her how much i missed her and how sorry i was, but i never had the balls to do it. Anyway, she told me how much she missed me and how much she regretted us falling out and i told her i felt the same.

Anyway, it's back to how it used to be, in a way, we talk a lot.

Now my problem is, i really like her, not like, but really like her. She's a great person and I love talking to her, but i don't think she feels the same way, she probably likes me as a friend still, but nothing more.

How do i go about talking to her without ruining the friendship we've just managed to get back. Should i just not mention how much i like her, or wait and see if she feels the same way or what?

This post probably makes little sense, i just need to vent

Please keep anon.
    Hey,

Firstly it's nice to know you've changed and grown as a person! It's easy to judge people and it takes some character to change your ways and become a nicer person for it! (:

Secondly, this situtation is never easy! Having a close friend you feel strongly for isn't going to be easy to discuss. I had a similar situation once and it was a little messy. I went about it by trying to hint things [not a good idea]. i hated keeping secrets from him and in the end I sent him a message online and he replied asking to meet up and talk. So we did... he didn't feel the same and I felt so humilated, but then he said that I meant more to him than that. He loved me as a person and thought I was beautiful etc and he didn't want to risk messing up with me and losing me as a friend [having had bad past experiences with girls]. It took me a while to adjust but now I'm so glad things stayed how they are... he has a girlfriend now and she's lovely, he sees me more has his little sister which is great! I always thought the feelings I felt for him wouldn't go away, but with time you learn to accept that you need to be grateful for what you have, would you rather have her as a best friend or nothing?

You need to decide which is the best thing to do, I cant tell you what that is but I can give you the options:
    a) You talk to her about it, tell her how you feel...
    b) You talk to her and she feels the same...
    c) You keep it to yourself and avoid the humilation and sadness of her not knowing when she could possibly feel the same...
    d) You don't tell her and never know if it could be something more...

My advice would be to talk to her about it but I know how hard this is...

Hope I've helped a bit! Any more help you need just let me know! Hope it all gets sorted for you

ReputationRep:
    Imo interact more with her and start sending/picking up signals=) Let time tell the truth.

Probably best to go for it now, the longer you take to make a move the more she'll see you as a friend and nothing more + there's the added chance that she'll meet someone else and then she'll most likely only see you as a friend.

Just make a move, you can do it!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.